60 Day extensions organized before Sept 26 now starting on Nov 1?

Hi everyone,

I am confused about what types of extensions are having their start date begin on Nov 1. My situation is that I entered Thailand in mid March on a visa exempt entry and have been on amnesty. I went to immigration in late August and received a 60 day extension of stay based on being married to a Thai wife. This extension would have begun on Sept 27 and finish Nov 25. I am wondering if I go to immigration, will this extension be updated to begin on Nov 1 and finish in late Dec? oOr will I just get until Nov 30? Or could it even be invalidated? I called Immigration and ended up walking out the same door of confusion I entered. I was also told they are suspending Non O applications due to covid. Has anyone else had any experience trying to get a 60 day extension obtained before Sept 26 from a visa exempt entry validated to start on Nov 1? My local immigration office is Nonthaburi, so if anyone has experience regarding this office it would be hugely appreciated, however any experiences would be great to know.

Thanks for any replies.

• Like 1

Reading the immigration announcement done on October 1st that is volume 2 of the one that went info effect on August 1st I would say your 60 day extension should be changed to start on November 1st according to the new announcement.

I think immigration offices/officers are probably as confused by the new announcement as anybody else would be the way it is written.

I had look at both announcements again before I could give you an answer to your question.

You have until October 31st to ask for the additional 30 days be added to your extension.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Reading the immigration announcement done on October 1st that is volume 2 of the one that went info effect on August 1st I would say your 60 day extension should be changed to start on November 1st according to the new announcement.

I think immigration offices/officers are probably as confused by the new announcement as anybody else would be the way it is written.

I had look at both announcements again before I could give you an answer to your question.

You have until October 31st to ask for the additional 30 days be added to your extension.

Thanks for this UbonJoe. I am certainly hoping this will be the result. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Hopefully some sort of confirmed answer about this in regards to the 60 day extensions done prior to September 26 will be forthcoming.

8 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Hopefully some sort of confirmed answer about this in regards to the 60 day extensions done prior to September 26 will be forthcoming.

September 26th???

If there will be announcement about 60 day extensions it might happen before the 31st of this month.

If you applied for a 30 days extension you can already stamp until until November 30th.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

September 26th???

If there will be announcement about 60 day extensions it might happen before the 31st of this month.

If you applied for a 30 days extension you can already stamp until until November 30th.

Many people did the 60 day report before the announced deadline of September 26th.  What the op was asking I believe is what is the status of those that did the 60 day report before this deadline?  Are they also to receive 60 days from November 1st?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

Many people did the 60 day report before the announced deadline of September 26th.  What the op was asking I believe is what is the status of those that did the 60 day report before this deadline?  Are they also to receive 60 days from November 1st?

What 60 day report? Only 30 day extensions were allowed on or before September 26th.

Immigration still has not formally announced the 60 day extensions yet.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What 60 day report? Only 30 day extensions were allowed on or before September 26th.

Immigration still has not formally announced the 60 day extensions yet.

For those who's one year visa expired, people qualified for a one time 60 day extension.  I do not know of any other 60 day extensions.  The current new announcement says " all extensions" yet in the article specifically mentions the 30 day extensions.  So the answer seems to be that no one knows about the 60 day extension status.

32 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

For those who's one year visa expired, people qualified for a one time 60 day extension.

The only 60 day extension possible is one to visit a Thai wife or child.

Not sure where your heard about the extension you mentioned since it does not exist.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only 60 day extension possible is one to visit a Thai wife or child.

Not sure where your heard about the extension you mentioned since it does not exist.

That's the one year visa I'm addressing.  Anyway back on topic, it seems there is no answer for this for those that got the 60 day extension to visit the Thai wife or child  the week before September 26th.

Edited by steelepulse

4 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Anyway back on topic, it seems there is no answer for this for those that got the 60 day extension to visit the Thai wife or child  the week before September 26th.

The way the rules are written in the latest announcement they may be able to have the start date of the extension changed to the November 1st.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The way the rules are written in the latest announcement they may be able to have the start date of the extension changed to the November 1st.

At any rate I will have to go to Immigration at some point (with some trepidation, I must say), so I will make a posting of the result. Thanks for everyone's help and comments.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steelepulse said:

That's the one year visa I'm addressing.  Anyway back on topic, it seems there is no answer for this for those that got the 60 day extension to visit the Thai wife or child  the week before September 26th.

I think I'm in the same boat as you although I started with an expired 90-day non-o entry for being the parent of a Thai child, then got the 60 day one-off extension on 24th September.

It's probably asking too much to expect them to change the start date to 30th November, but here's hoping.

• Like 2

Is there seriously still no clarification on the 60 day extension status?

On one hand, "All extensions start from Nov 1st, on the other, 30 day blah blah.

Does a 60 day extension done before Sept 26th qualify for Nov 1st start date for either 60 or 30 days continuance?

We have asked at Phuket Imm and they admit to not knowing but will not restamp either.

3 minutes ago, nss70 said:

Does a 60 day extension done before Sept 26th qualify for Nov 1st start date for either 60 or 30 days continuance?

We have asked at Phuket Imm and they admit to not knowing but will not restamp either.

Did you get a 60 day extension to visit your wife or child?

I assume you did since the 60 day extension being discussed were not available then (or now).

I am not sure your extension falls under the immigration notice that states all extensions start on November 1st. It was meant to be for those that applied for 30 day extensions.

I have the same question. I applied for 60 days "visit wife" type of "extension" on the first week of September. Then government announced an extra 30 days amnesty but my 60-day permit is stamped and valid until Nov 25

Is there some kind of "unwritten" changes that my 60-day permit visit wife has been extended to Dec 25? IOs told me to apply for marriage based non imm O, 15 days before this permit expires and that was before another amnesty kicked in. Should i apply for non imm O on Nov 10 or Dec 10?

• Like 1