Phuket ready to accept 500 tourists a day, says media

webfact

18 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Surely the limiting factor would be the capacity of those hotels with ASQ status.   I believe that presently there are only 3 (or some press reports, 9) that have been assessed as suitable.   Do these 3/9 have 7000 rooms?

Interesting information for some people there is only 87 Hotels in Thailand can do ASQ, as far as I can see only 4 in Phuket

To make reservation of ASQ package, contact hotels directly! Online booking systems such as Booking.com or Agoda.com do not offer an option of booking the quarantine package! SAVE YOU WASTING YOUR TIME.

“Many of them did not fully understand the extent of changes needed in order to meet the requirements,” he explained.

“We now have about 70 hotels still applying for ASQ approval,” he added.

If approved, Phuket would have 5,000 rooms ready to serve foreign arrivals, Mr Thanit noted.

Mr Thanit named the two hotels as the Metadee Phuket in Kata and the Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa in Patong.

The two hotels bring the total number of guest accommodation venues in Phuket officially approved to serve as ASQs to only four.

They join the Anantara Mai Khao Phuket and Trisara Phuket Villas and Residences, altogether offering just 469 guest rooms – despite at least 14 hotels in Phuket applying for the privilege

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Mr Thanit named the two hotels as the Metadee Phuket in Kata and the Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa in Patong.

The two hotels bring the total number of guest accommodation venues in Phuket officially approved to serve as ASQs to only four.

They join the Anantara Mai Khao Phuket and Trisara Phuket Villas and Residences, altogether offering just 469 guest rooms – despite at least 14 hotels in Phuket applying for the privilege

There is now a total of 7 hotels on Phuket for ASQ, 6 of them at crazy prices.

4 hours ago, LeungKen said:

Yet the majority of Thais say no to tourists according to this poll. ????

Since when has the government cared what a majority of Thais want? I have a feeling a good portion of those who lost jobs in the tourism sector might feel differently.

2 hours ago, Deli said:

There is now a total of 7 hotels on Phuket for ASQ, 6 of them at crazy prices.

crazy from whose stand point ? Anybody who is so desperate to come despite a 14 day quarantine will pay the elevated prices, the hotel owners will have already figured that out.

So far 500 tourists a day doesn't seem like what the population of Phuket want, even 150 STVs planned for today was too many, and the majority, almost 57 percent, are against turist inflow in a national poll published today...:whistling:

16 minutes ago, khunPer said:

So far 500 tourists a day doesn't seem like what the population of Phuket want, even 150 STVs planned for today was too many, and the majority, almost 57 percent, are against turist inflow in a national poll published today...:whistling:

I am contemplating to apply for the new visa (STV) even though it is expensive and with a mandatory quarantine; however, the sentiment of the locals is my biggest concern. It will be less fun if the locals are afraid of foreigners and, in my case, the badminton court will not allow foreigners.

It doesn't seem to be a big problem at the moment judging from the posts in here; but what happens if a foreigner breaks the quarantine and later test positive?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

3 hours to enter ... then 14 days stuck in the hotel room.   no one wants that  !!

thai people just don't get it  !!   

good luck with that one. 

But TAT said they were going to make quarantine a fun time so tourists enjoy their stay.

3 minutes ago, Thechook said:

But TAT said they were going to make quarantine a fun time so tourists enjoy their stay.

right ... but my idea of a fun time is free booze and 6 naked romping in my room ...

TAT's  idea may not be the same ....   what does their fun time mean  ??

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2020 at 9:32 AM, steven100 said:

3 hours to enter ... then 14 days stuck in the hotel room.   no one wants that  !!

good luck with that one. 

It's not the "Thai people" who don't get it.  It's those that hold these numerous tourist spokesperson jobs who feel they'll lose them if they don's say something.  No matter how ridiculous that something may be. 

As a result, knowledgeable individuals are a very rare commodity.

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2020 at 10:32 AM, steven100 said:

good luck with that one.

but they won't be locked in the hotel rooms under "14 day Alternative Local Quarantine."

don't they have a number of hotels along a strip of beach, and the inmates are allowed to use the beach and wander from hotel to hotel in that zone?

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

but they won't be locked in the hotel rooms under "14 day Alternative Local Quarantine."

don't they have a number of hotels along a strip of beach, and the inmates are allowed to use the beach and wander from hotel to hotel in that zone?

well I believe your correct that there's some form of leeway with ALQ as opposed to ASQ but i'm not fully conversant with what they can do.

But all the same,  folks just don't want any restrictions imo.  none at all.  just saying ...

On 10/8/2020 at 7:07 PM, khunPer said:

maybe 500 tourists a day is the minimum they want

that's why they have refused the 150 chinese

''No you can not come, sorry, try again when you have found 350 more people''