Non Imm O-A multiple or single ?

I am filling out the application on the London Embassy website and it will only display multiple entry and not single entry . Is it normal for this visa to be multi entry?

Edited by mlkik

24 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Yes, the Non-OA is a Multiple entry with each entry giving you a one year permission to stay (which means if you leave & re-enter just before the end of the Visa you can get another year out of it, hence good for almost 2 years) 

Non-O's are typically (IIRC always in the case of the London Embassy) a Single entry 90 day Visa

Can you clarify. Non O retirement is not available in many countries. Certainly Au and I also thought USA and UK.

Very few countries have that option.

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you clarify. Non O retirement is not available in many countries. Certainly Au and I also thought USA and UK.

London embassy;

• Non-Immigrant Type (Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wants to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days) - single entry only)
    • Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000
    • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can apply for the 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa based on retirement in many many countries, incl the UK. Why wouldn't you? It's one of the most obtained Non-O Visas in Europe. Then you extend it 1 year at the time. 

Edited by Max69xl

A little off topic but as an American  what type of account does the 500 k need to reside in.  Is in a 401 k account ok?  How long is it taking to get a OA visa?  And of course then how long is the COS list to  use it?   Just looking at ways to visit my woman  in case our K1 visa takes to long. 

By the way would a k1 application in process preclude getting a OA visa?  I don't see how thai embassy would even know about this. 

7 hours ago, Elkski said:

A little off topic but as an American  what type of account does the 500 k need to reside in.  Is in a 401 k account ok?  How long is it taking to get a OA visa?  And of course then how long is the COS list to  use it?   Just looking at ways to visit my woman  in case our K1 visa takes to long. 

By the way would a k1 application in process preclude getting a OA visa?  I don't see how thai embassy would even know about this. 

Firstly, it's 800K and not 500K. A 401-K account would be OK if the money is accessible to you at anytime. Just need letter from bank/broker confirming account ownership and balance. Usually takes anywhere from 7 days to 3 weeks. Visa is valid for one year from issue. K-1 application has nothing to do with Visa application....different governments do not share visa app info.

Don't forget for an O-A visa app you need medical certificate AND proper medical insurance policy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Max Brok said:

To get this stupid medical certificate is the most difficult of all other requirements. In Thailand 50 Baht in The Netherlands have to pay all tests like olifantitis, sifilis, TBC. A genuine doctor does not sign it without these tests

A "genuine" doctor doesn't test for syphilis stage 3, elephantiasis or leprosy. Those are visual examinations only. Those diseases don't exist in the western world anymore. A urine sample to show you're not a drug addict and the TB-test is enough and is very cheap. 

• Like 1