Buying 2nd hand 2011-2012 chevy cruze

Hi guys, im a new member on this forum, I live in sukhothai.

Ive been looking for a good 2nd hand car to buy and I found the chevy cruze to be right around my budget of 170k-200k baht, has anyone here owned a 2nd hand cruze? What should I look for when buying one? Is is it expensive to maintain? What are common issues and lastly do chevy cruzes here in thailand have the same problem with cruzes in the US or EU coz I have seen some very terrible reviews on their side.

They're rarely seen on the streets anymore (in BKK anyway) for a reason.  Maybe reliability problems.  A friend I haven't talked to in awhile had one and said it was always in the shop. 

If I remember correctly, recent news said Chevy Thailand has called it quits, so service and replacement parts may become more expensive as well.

I live in Sukhothai and cars are no to me glad I went back to truck. 

Depends where live in Sukhothai I guess, there's a Chevy dealer in Sukhothai and the owner guy of Cockpit outlet in Suk owns Chevy's.

So if you like it and can knock the price down lot more, might be a cheap buy. 

Check with the guy at Cockpit nice helpful people if he says I'll take care of it no problem, go for it. 

Just sold my 2013 Chevy Cruze LTZ (top of the line) today.  Endless money pit.  Paid one million baht, and sold it for 150,000 baht.  Glad to get rid of it.  Chevrolet is the only place that has diagnostic computer to check electrical systems and do major maintenance.  Buy Japanese cars, any Thai garage can work on them for less money.

P.S.  Just bought a new Toyota truck today.

1 hour ago, CrazyLostAsian said:

Wow thank you all for the advice...I was literally set on going to bangkok next week to buy the cruze ive seen on facebook. That wouldve been money burned. Its also my first time buying a used car, infact its gonna be my first car. I will look for a toyota altis/vios or honda civic/city. 

A wise conclusion to which I’d only add that JD Power ,the main surveyors of reliability have Toyota,Honda and Lexus topping the charts,way above the german prestige brands. Just be very careful assessing the condition of the car ,especially service history. Thais are notorious for skipping on maintenance.

• Like 1

Get a look for videos in Thai explaining how to find water damage too. May need a Thai. All on youtube.

I'm after an xpander for the Mrs 2018/21019. There's a few on one 2 car but very few and most in BKK besides a couple of shiiitshows

It should also be noted that some Insurance Companies will no longer insure Chev.

I have a Colorado ( very reliable unlike the Cruze ) that has been insured 8 years with AXA , but this year they declined to offer me 1st Class Insurance siting the possibility that parts would become hard to acquire .