The Great Barrington Declaration initiated by doctors from Harvard, Oxford and Stanford

steelepulse

Expert critique of this proposal can be found here:

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-barrington-declaration-an-open-letter-arguing-against-lockdown-policies-and-for-focused-protection/

In particular, the SAGE group in Britain, the group of scientist whom Johnson is ignoring, has criticized such proposals,

Evidence suggests that the duration of immunity achieved could be less than a year. In addition, guaranteed shielding of vulnerable groups is infeasible and there would be substantial mortality and morbidity even among the ‘non-vulnerable’. It would also increase health and social inequalities, with the most disadvantaged groups, particularly the elderly, deprived and the ethnic minority groups, being disproportionately impacted. Treatment for COVID-19 is improving all the time. Delaying as many people as possible becoming infected with coronavirus will save lives and ill-health as new treatments become available. Other countries have shown that the infection rates can be suppressed without highly damaging ‘lockdowns’ by using established infection control procedures, including excellent contact tracing followed by supported isolation.

https://www.independentsage.org/a-deliberate-population-immunity-strategy-before-a-vaccine-why-it-wouldnt-work-and-why-it-shouldnt-be-tried/

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2020 at 5:25 PM, cmarshall said:

Other countries have shown that the infection rates can be suppressed without highly damaging ‘lockdowns’ by using established infection control procedures, including excellent contact tracing followed by supported isolation.

supported isolation.

I'm all for that. Ensuite bathroom, cable tv, meals provided-my accommodation would be an improvement over what I can afford now. People sleeping rough have also benefited. The bill for it all will be gigantic and monstrous. I pity the generations to come that will have to pay for it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rancid said:

Google has banned it, searches now show critiques instead. Again social media decides what we are allowed to see and think.

i just  found  it  in  the  first  few  listings in  google https://www.google.com/search?q=great+barrington+declaration&rlz=1C1CHZL_enTH896TH896&oq=gre&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i59j69i65j69i60l2j69i61.1967j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 11:25 AM, cmarshall said:

Evidence suggests that the duration of immunity achieved could be less than a year.

The epidemiologists at Great Barrington also took aim at the issue of immunity. They said that the issue of immunity by antibodies is just the bottom range of societal immunity. The discussed the studies which said that there is both b and t cell memory immunity. Dr. Gupta also stated that studies in the UK showed that 80% of people there had cross reaction antibodies from other coronaviruses. So cross coronavirus immunity is a reality and is substantial.

• Like 1

From the website:

"Medical & Public Health Scientists

Medical practitioners

Signatures will be made public after approval

With the current success of the campaign we have to ensure that the server remains available for signatures to be added.
We will update this page with a static list of verified and approved signatures as time allows."

So the number of health care professionals climbing on board is steadily increasing. Funnily enough this just came out from the WHO:

WHO warns against COVID-19 lockdowns citing grave economic consequences

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4029246

So even the WHO is waking up to the huge social and economic ramifications of these lockdowns. Doubling world poverty and child malnutrition are starting points.

“Just look at what’s happened to the tourism industry in the Caribbean, for example, or in the Pacific because people aren’t taking their holidays,” Nabarro said.

“Look what’s happened to smallholder farmers all over the world because their markets have got dented. Look what’s happening to poverty levels. It seems that we may well have a doubling of world poverty by next year,” Nabarro continued. “We may well have at least a doubling of child malnutrition because children are not getting meals at schools, and their parents, in poor families, are not able to afford it.”

In the end, the WHO envoy appealed to world leaders to avoid locking down their countries as a means to tackle the pandemic and suggested using better alternatives.

“We really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method. Develop better systems for doing it. Work together and learn from each other, but remember lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.”

• Like 2