Teaching Licence Application

Given the current furore surrounding a certain school, the MoE is having a crackdown on teaching licences. I am a fully qualified teacher from the UK and I'm being asked to contact my university to ask them to send a stamp addressed envelope to Krusapa. This is despite having the original copy with transcripts with me here in Thailand. Could anyone advise what address my university needs to write on the sealed envelope and just generally on the process? Looking for some first hand accounts rather than conjecture. TIA.

They don't have a crackdown on teaching licenses. They have that for those without a degree or work permit.

I had to do an additional course for my license and had a sealed envelope from the university with me, which was enough. 

Here's their address:

Address:

General Contact
Mailing Address :
Secretariat Office of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand
128/1 Nakhon-Ratchasima Road,
Dusit Sub-District, Dusit District
Bangkok 10300

Teaching License
Registration and Licensing Bureau
Phone: +66(0) 2280 1728
Fax: +66(0) 2280 1728
Email: [email protected]

Foreign Affairs
Foreign Relations Unit

http://site.ksp.or.th/about.php?site=englishsite&SiteMenuID=4616

• Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 4:27 PM, teacherclaire said:

They don't have a crackdown on teaching licenses. They have that for those without a degree or work permit.

I had to do an additional course for my license and had a sealed envelope from the university with me, which was enough. 

Here's their address:

Address:

General Contact
Mailing Address :
Secretariat Office of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand
128/1 Nakhon-Ratchasima Road,
Dusit Sub-District, Dusit District
Bangkok 10300

Teaching License
Registration and Licensing Bureau
Phone: +66(0) 2280 1728
Fax: +66(0) 2280 1728

Foreign Affairs
Foreign Relations Unit

http://site.ksp.or.th/about.php?site=englishsite&SiteMenuID=4616

To add to the comment about MOE not cracking down... Well, apparently MOE is beginning to deny teachers a temporary license even if you do have a degree and had a previous work permit with a prior school.

I'm on my last license and was told I may not be able to get another. What options do those wanting to teach and HAVE a degree to do if denied for a temporary license by the MOE?

Are Work Permit agencies a last option if one were to wish to continue on a work permit within a school?

2 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

To add to the comment about MOE not cracking down... Well, apparently MOE is beginning to deny teachers a temporary license even if you do have a degree and had a previous work permit with a prior school.

I'm on my last license and was told I may not be able to get another. What options do those wanting to teach and HAVE a degree to do if denied for a temporary license by the MOE?

Are Work Permit agencies a last option if one were to wish to continue on a work permit within a school?

It's not the MoE that grants teacher licenses. The Teachers Council of Thailand does this. And they make the rules in this regard.

21 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

You mean the Techers Council and there is nothing new. You have a limited number of wivers, as it is meant to give you time to get qualified for a permanent teaching license.

Not sure waht a work permit egency is, but you do need a (waiver of) a teaching license to get a work permit. Ans even if you do get a work permit, teaching without a (waiver of) a teaching license is stil a seperate criminal offence, workpermit or not. 

Without a waiver you can still work in places like language schools and other places of non-formal education.

• Like 1