Study shows Fah Talai Jone may kill Covid-19, but can offer no protection

webfact

7 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Wouldn,t it be nice to know what this stuff looked like, what form it comes in, and where it can be purchased ?

Comes in bottles and strips. It is in capsule form. You can buy it at 7-11.

it is known to help with FEVER since decades or centuries

big pharma will not dump & dump a billion baht or more in a product they cannot patent

if they could, they tried with CURCUMIN and India protested, they would sell it 100x to 1000x more expensive, by just changing ONE molecule that is patent-able but will not work as the original

so many examples where they tried & failed to copy mother nature

• Like 2

However, the herb cannot provide any protection against the virus.

If the curative effects are real, and you can take the curative dose long-term without ill effects, it'll probably have a protective/prophylactic effect. I think they may have reached the conclusion that it doesn't because Covid incidence in Thailand is so low their test for prophylactic effects was underpowered.

(The in silico studies linked to in one of the posts above really only point to the possibility of it being effective; it's quite common for compounds to have high binding affinities and not do much in vivo.)

On 10/10/2020 at 10:15 AM, John Drake said:

Timely. I became quite ill on Wednesday evening, with headache, fever, and nausea. No sore throat. I don't know what the problem actually was. With fever mounting continuously, by yesterday afternoon I remembered I had bought a bottle of Fah ta lai Jone capsules right before the lockdown. Took four of them after dinner and in less than 90 minutes the fever seemed to break. Took three more at bedtime last night. Woke up and no fever. Coincidence. Could be. Might be just having worked through the illness, whatever it was. Don't care. Next time, I'll take at the first sign of fever.

I think that its where it does help, reducing fever symptoms quite quickly