Has anyone here come into thailand with marriage visa

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure about thousands of them but many have entered.

Three months is enough if entering on a single entry non-o visa.

thanks ubonjoe

28 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Yep, thousands of them actually. Including myself....

did u need to show a airline ticket return after 3 mths ? 

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure about thousands of them but many have entered.

Three months is enough if entering on a single entry non-o visa.

Or if you buy a return (flexi) ticket.. 

My insurance is 90 days per trip, my extension expires in I think july 2021.. I expected to have to justify that for the COE and booked a return ticket under 3 months but they issued the COE before I even uploaded my flight info. 

18 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Or if you buy a return (flexi) ticket.. 

My insurance is 90 days per trip, my extension expires in I think july 2021.. I expected to have to justify that for the COE and booked a return ticket under 3 months but they issued the COE before I even uploaded my flight info. 

hmm this is the embassy in yr country right 

4 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

I'm curious; must the Thai spouse physically be in Thailand during the application process and travel of the foreigner? Or, can the Thai provide the documentation for his/her spouse while outside of Thailand and follow later?

I have seen nothing on embassy websites I have read about needing to show proof your wife is in Thailand when you apply for a certificate of entry.

5 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

I'm curious; must the Thai spouse physically be in Thailand during the application process and travel of the foreigner? Or, can the Thai provide the documentation for his/her spouse while outside of Thailand and follow later?

My wife and I arrived together from the US.  I did have to provide a letter from my wife giving her consent to my travel to Thailand but beyond that nothing about whether she was in Thailand or, if not, when she would arrive.  I did have to give details for a guarantor in Thailand on the visa application.  Here I used one of her relatives in Thailand and it wasn't an issue.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Just provide documentation and the docs do not ask if she is in Thailand or returning to Thailand. 

My friend is leaving his Thai wife in England (with kids) returning to Thailand to maintain property etc. 

Edited by LivinLOS
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Just provide documentation and the docs do not ask if she is in Thailand or returning to Thailand. 

My friend is leaving his Thai wife in England (with kids) returning to Thailand to maintain property etc. 

Don't they ask for photos.....you and the wife in your home?....Also how will you get that letter saying you are still married without her?

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Don't they ask for photos.....you and the wife in your home?....Also how will you get that letter saying you are still married without her?

Those are not required to apply for a non-o visa at embassy or consulate or a certificate of entry.

They are only required to apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

There is no letter, no photos, none of what you say.. 

You must upload a marriage cert.. I used the Kor Ror 3 as I didnt have a scan of my Kor Ror 2 on hand but I would think a KR2 would be superior as the issue date is likely closer. 

Then you also upload a Thai ID card or passport for the same name. 

Thats it. 

After travelling back and forward for years on a Multi Entry Non Immi O visa based on marriage finally decided to go for an extension a few months ago...Slight problem ..we were married in North London almost 20 years ago...and needed a Kor Ror 2-2...Lots of hoops to jump through...needed confirmation from FCO ...MFA...Immigration...Ampur...and RTE ...but did it ..and after those nice chaps visited the Bann.who .agreed no Comment...re observations picked up my first Extension last week..so now OK until next November 2021...Interview for the Pink ID on Wednesday..witnesses both Kamnan...and friends .Bottle of very good Makro Red ...breathing ...with the some new whites in the fridge...Sanuk and kampai...chai..Will miss however my yearly visits to RTE London with follow ups wanderings via..to the Science Museum ...Natural History and V and A..but mai pen etc...Rather be here at the moment than...there..

Unobjectionable

I have just entered Thailand after many years away i got a new marriage visa single entry in Australia having just looked more closely i see that the airport mob have only given me 3 months what is the process in staying longer nowadays especially with the covid happening?

My thai wife did not come over she decided to work in Australia, 

Thank you

2 hours ago, hoffy66 said:

Unobjectionable

I have just entered Thailand after many years away i got a new marriage visa single entry in Australia having just looked more closely i see that the airport mob have only given me 3 months what is the process in staying longer nowadays especially with the covid happening?

Thank you

If you are over 50, then you could probably do an extension for Retirement. The Marriage extension will probably not work, as the wife have to go with you to the Immigration. There are maybe other visas/extension which will work as have been written in the past.

1 hour ago, superatoz said:

how many mths insurance coverage did u purchase ? 

My policy is an annual policy with a max 90 day per trip coverage. 

I expected to have to justify that, as I will be arriving with a reentry valid until july not a 90 day single entry non imm, and so booked a return ticket with less than 90 days on it. But they cleared the insurance before even asking about flights, so seemed happy with 90 days cover. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 2:12 AM, hoffy66 said:

Unobjectionable

Thank you

From lot of reports an agent may be easiest solution to avoid roadblocks.

YMMV