Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Trump to resume campaign as new polls show Biden lead growing in key states

webfact

15 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

When Trump say that the election will be rigged, he meant the GOP. Desperation is creeping fast and he will cheat to win. 

Trump have many times saying that post vote is not any good! Still he already give post vote himself! Maybe he vote Biden, hes so mess up even that can happen! Then he can say even my vote going Biden post vote's not good!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J Town said:

The Coronavirus vaccine will completely eradicate it like the flu vaccine made the flu go away.

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/how-many-people-die-of-the-flu-every-year

Flu season in the US, which runs from October through May, claims tens of thousands of lives every year.

Preliminary CDC estimates for the 2019-2020 influenza season indicate that, as of April 4, 2020, between 24,000 and 62,000 lost their lives to the flu. Add to that the misery of hundreds of thousands of flu-related hospitalizations and millions of medical visits for flu symptoms.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Preliminary CDC estimates for the 2019-2020 influenza season indicate that, as of April 4, 2020, between 24,000 and 62,000 lost their lives to the flu. Add to that the misery of hundreds of thousands of flu-related hospitalizations and millions of medical visits for flu symptoms.

24,000 to 62,000 is a pretty wide estimate, sounds more like a wild guess. Comparitively, 142,000 US citizens have lost their lives to Covid in a matter of months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Trump have many times saying that post vote is not any good! Still he already give post vote himself! Maybe he vote Biden, hes so mess up even that can happen! Then he can say even my vote going Biden post vote's not good!

Not true at all. Trump said the willynilly mailing out of ballots is bad, and I agree(see Paterson NJ for concrete proof it is a ridiculous idea). He said the old method of requesting an absentee ballot is good if convenient for any legitimate voter, and I agree. Do not conflate the 2. One is a sensible and logical way to vote for those that need it, one is a clear plan to cheat in an election. I have never seen democrats explain why if they are too scared to leave home why they don't request an absentee ballot? Never been answered, the reason is obvious, there is no sensible reason. FTR Trump requested an absentee ballot for himself, which does not mean he supports the democrat plot of mailing out of millions of unrequested ballots with no idea who gets them, fills them, and returns them. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Waiting for the twitter storm after bill barr probe on unmasking, the biggest scam hoax covfefe in the history of the US came up empty.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/unmasking-probe-ordered-by-barr-finds-no-wrongdoing-by-obama-officials-report-11602644494

BTW - Whose turn is it to watch Billy Barr? He seems to have gone underground.

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I think you are wrong. I have read many creative excuses as to why nobody wants to turn up to see the frontrunner by a country mile in this runup. Biden is whacking Trump in the polls, he must have a huge momentum with his fans. Trump has huge crowds waiting hours to get a glimpse of their candidate, Biden would certainly have even more adoring fans, seeing as he is polling so amazingly, right?

"Democratic nominee Joe Biden delivered a speech in front of around 30 socially-distanced cars of supporters at a “drive-in rally” on Monday in a warring event with Vice President Mike Pence who was also in the Buckeye State."

https://nypost.com/2020/10/12/biden-speaks-to-30-cars-of-supporters-at-ohio-drive-in-rally/

How humiliating. 30 people turn up to see the next President speak? And the indifference to Biden makes me consider the credibility of the polls. Something is just not sitting right. Trump has gigantic crowds everywhere he goes, yet no support in polls. Biden has a couple dozen people(and who knows if they are staffers) turn up, and is winning by a landslide in polls. Any explanations to this phenomenon?

Yes, the boundless stupidity of the ever-trumpers.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, PattayaJames said:

Years old, like it was something from years ago, around three and a half years ago in fact.

But you chose to use this example, not much I can do about that.

If you say so, OK.

There was no deflection attempt, I just pointed out that you could have used a better and more recent example, but still agreed with your point that Trump does make his fair share of gaffes.

Yes, this cannot be disputed.

He no doubt has done those things from time to time. He has also spent 100's of hours taking thousands of questions from the press and spoken for 100's of hours in speeches rallies etc.

The point being that Biden's gaffe rate under considerably less pressure is still as a percentage infinitely higher that Trumps.

Just more of your usual deflection, cherry-picking and nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/health-news/this-is-what-happens-to-your-body-when-you-use-hand-sanitizer-every-day/photostory/75600580.cms?picid=75600809

According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, hand sanitizer with antibacterial ingredients can contribute to the development of antibiotic-resistance bacteria. So, in order to prevent creating those scary little microbes, washing your hands instead of reaching for the bottle of sanitizer should be practiced, as much as possible. The antibiotic-resistant bacteria can develop the ability to tolerate the drug that otherwise should be able to kill them.

Alcohol is not an antibiotic, it is an organic solvent. AFAIK there are no bacterial alcoholics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7301780/

I think I'll take the word of the National Institute of Health any time, over a non-peer reviewed article out of India.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Trump has huge crowds waiting hours to get a glimpse of their candidate,

trump is preaching to the converted. I don't think trump's running around the country shouting out BS will gain him any extra voters of significance, just as likely to turn voters off watching the news. Unless Biden completely stuffs up / something really damaging emerges out of the woodwork e.g. the Comey letter, looks like he's going to win, so long as trump's efforts at voter suppression / disfranchisement are dealt with - why people vote for someone who's attacking the infrastructure and process for voting, is another mystery concerning his supporters. If trump loses will be interesting to see how he and supporters will handle the defeat. one hopes trump doesn't embark on creating social upheaval, ranting about conspiracies, refusing to gracefully concede etc

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, simple1 said:

If trump loses will be interesting to see how he and supporters will handle the defeat. one hopes trump doesn't embark on creating social upheaval, ranting about conspiracies, refusing to gracefully concede etc

He'll drag it through the courts, right up to the Supreme Court where he now has a 6-3 advantage including several trump sycophants.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Like building that wall and getting the Mexicans to pay for it? Like repealing and replacing Obamacare? He got nothing done.

I notice "building the wall" is conspicuously absent from this campaign.

I would have thought he could do what he likes...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

The trouble is that the only thing that he really likes is making himself richer. Walls? Nah. Better healthcare provision? Nah.

Wild assumption, He doesn't have to be President to get richer, he already has enough cash to last him another lifetime....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1