Is your country applying for an STV visa?

I live in Row-risk country in S.korea.

There is no notice at the embassy yet.

I don't even know if South Korea is included in the Low-risk Country.

When can Korea enter in Thai?

There are about 100 people confirmed to be infected during the day in Korea.

There are about 50 people waiting for stv visa in the Korean community.

Is Finland, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, and China the only countries that can issue stv visas now?

It's not unfair!☹

Edited by Xavi

I think you mean "It's not fair!"

Which countries allowed to enter on a STV is probably not decided yet because of increasing numbers of infected. Countries which they thought might be ok a month ago, is most likely not now. You better wait until the restrictions are changed in Thailand and come back then. The STV is imo nothing to go for. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For a country to be considered as low risk it is often mentioned that they must not of had any new local infections for 3 months.

I am sure not many countries meet that requirement at this time.

It's hard to choose only one region because Korea has a small territory.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Which countries allowed to enter on a STV is probably not decided yet because of increasing numbers of infected. Countries which they thought might be ok a month ago, is most likely not now. You better wait until the restrictions are changed in Thailand and come back then. The STV is imo nothing to go for. 

Korea is now in a low-risk state.

17 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

From reports I have seen, if and when they actually get the Special Tourist Visa program started, South Korea is likely to be included. 

where did you see report?

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For a country to be considered as low risk it is often mentioned that they must not of had any new local infections for 3 months.

I am sure not many countries meet that requirement at this time.

I don't think the requirement is 0 local infections. I think it's a certain  percentage or cases per 1,000,000 people. 

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

From reports I have seen, if and when they actually get the Special Tourist Visa program started, South Korea is likely to be included. 

It has already started, but they pulled the handbrake when the amount of cases started to skyrocket in Europe. Finland is on the list,but even there local infections are increasing. My question is,why would anyone with half a brain choose to come on a STV, when the paperwork is humungous and the total cost will be very high? They have only picked very expensive hotels in Phuket for the quarantine. If they put Koh Samui on the list,it will be the same thing there. This is only about making as much money as possible from a ridiculously low number of tourists. They are using the first tourists from China as a test to see if the STV is going to work. Let's  see if there will be any tourists at all on October 25 or later. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I don't think the requirement is 0 local infections. I think it's a certain  percentage or cases per 1,000,000 people. 

I have read what I wrote many times. One was a news article today.

28 minutes ago, EVAN said:

Thai embassy in Australia started issuing STV , please read the the eligibility and procedures which similar to other countries that issuing this type of visa

I wonder if they are actually issuing them? This from the page linked.

"2.2 Applications for STV can be submitted by those residing in the country with a low-rate of confirmed COVID-19 cases as determined fortnightly and officially by Announcement of the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. However, the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra and the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney reserve the right to put all applications on hold as deemed necessary until further notice."

is online application, when you click on the link you go to " Online Visa Application Form for Special Tourist Visa" which similar to my COE application that i have done previously, even the requested documents similar and much more than the COE and non-o documentation ! requirement of fund and  A fully paid hotel reservation for your stay in Thailand issued by the hotel showing the duration of stay

9 minutes ago, EVAN said:

is online application, when you click on the link you go to " Online Visa Application Form for Special Tourist Visa" which similar to my COE application that i have done previously, even the requested documents similar and much more than the COE and non-o documentation ! requirement of fund and  A fully paid hotel reservation for your stay in Thailand issued by the hotel showing the duration of stay

What gives you any confidence that STV is real or a tooth fairy. Google "STV thaivisa" and have a read. It's an nonsense conceived pipe dream. If it indeed becomes a reality it will be for Chinese. 

It's the only entry linked to covid numbers from country of origin. 

Evan which country are you planning of applying from.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, stag4 said:

Good luck getting permission to leave from the Australian government.

There’s bad news if you are contemplating a trip to or out of Australia over the next twelve months. Senior Australian Government officials are saying they don’t expect Australia’s international borders to re-open until the end of 2021. That timeline ties in with current advice concerning the development and availability of any COVID-19 vaccine.

On 10/12/2020 at 6:51 PM, Max69xl said:

They better slack off on the requirements in a safe reasonable manner and get on with it,  thousands are sick and thousands are NOT.... 

Edited by CANSIAM

After trying for several days I finally got an answer when calling the Thai Long Stay Company. I had sent in an application for a STV two weeks ago and had not heard back. The fellow on the phone told me point blank that the Thai Government has not approved any STVs as of yet and they were still waiting for the first approvals. That is for all applications from all countries. He was quite clear on that.