Visit Thailand but conditions apply: Tracking devices, set routes away from Thais and "Covid minders" mooted

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

* They will have to wear tracking devices to monitor their every movement.

*They will have to stick to routes where other Thai people do not go. They must not veer off course at all.

*They will have to be followed around 24/7 by Covid minders to ensure they don't stray and are healthy

:cheesy:    Another brain dead idea ......    good luck with that one  !!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, finnsk said:

I think now North Korea is a better choice.

I am afraid most of the world is finding the country unserious, without human respect and a little funny/stupid

Thats good news after a long time.

Please do post your holiday experience in North Korea after your visit.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

This is what happens when you let people buy their jobs and/or appoint them as a favour to their influential families.

Nobody in their life has ever said anything except 'yes sir' to them.

It's a cultural thing! Steeped in tradition, impossible to change! ????

• Like 2

Just now, Wiggy said:

All joking aside, I worry that this is going to stir up more suspicion and hatred of foreigners. It won’t end well. 

It’s just another hair braided scheme that will be history tomorrow, or until no one arrives. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It’s just another hair braided scheme that will be history tomorrow, or until no one arrives. 

Yes, I get that. I just hope this kind of stuff doesn’t appear in the Thai mainstream media. 

• Like 1

many of the people are starving, the glorious Prayut Chan-ocha doesn't want you dirty free thinking farangs in Thailand to mess things up for him, the military are thriving and the infrastructure improvements allow tanks to move faster to suppress the starving and keep the workers in the fields. All this visa garbage is just that, a distraction to keep the middle class quiet until he is ready to close down the country completely and confiscate anything that he wants (which you may have paid for). You are already in North Korea, you just haven't realised it yet. In the meantime the ministry of propaganda will keep churning out this nonsense and good old Thaivisa will keep on repeating the white noise. There may still be a place for them in the new Chailand after all ????

• Like 1