Visit Thailand but conditions apply: Tracking devices, set routes away from Thais and "Covid minders" mooted

webfact

Didn't these people's mothers tell them things in 2020 that you say stay on social media forever!   What desperate idiots.   Why don't we hear about plans to educate the masses and teach better English and pick up the trash and teach people about littering and safe driving? Why don't we have Anutin and some of these other foriegn bashers fired from their jobs?  A campaign of bringing back the real thai smile.  We all know its just a fake smile the only interest is in our pants.  The wallet pocket.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

*They will have to be followed around 24/7 by Covid minders to ensure they don't stray and are healthy

that is nice, then we can offer "Russia pre-CIS nostalgia" or "Remember Berlin behind the Wall" type tours,
or, even better, a "Pokemon-C-Minder" experience.

There is a deluge of postings about what it is needed to get into Thailand. And I feel deeply for people who are caught in that and suffer from it. Nevertheless, there is another side of the coin which is not mentioned (as far I have seen): those people who are in Thailand (like me, 5 years, retirement visa) and do not dare to go back to Europe or elsewhere (you know, family, weddings, baptisms and that sort of things) because they don't know if they will be able to come back. So I keep my head down but it is of course not a satisfactory situation. Just left with fear of one immigration officer or having to take the chance being able to come back. 

47 minutes ago, Tich said:

Will the minder follow behind blowing his whistle to keep you on the striaght and narrow

and what if, during your guided walk avoiding regular Thais,
(what begs the question how are these Tourists going to spend money? 7-11 vending machines?)
you encounter a nice kitten that needs help?
Will he be rewarded ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rucker4012 said:

It'll never happen. Question: Who pays for and trains a Covid minder? This is what happens after a military coup where unqualified people are put in charge without supervision.

This proposal doesn't come from anyone associated with the military but nice try.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

*They will have to be followed around 24/7 by Covid minders to ensure they don't stray and are healthy

If I can choose from a beach-fashion line-up the minder who's to entice me from not straying, I'm willing to negotiate

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, robsamui said:

The *vast majority of Thais are primitive and superstitious, believe in the reality of ghosts, are grossly undereducated and know nothing of science or world history.

"The *vast majority in the Bible Belt are primitive and superstitious, believe in the reality of ghosts, are grossly undereducated and know nothing of science or world history."

fixed that for you

7 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Yes, there are many others in the same boat. But they're not usually allowed to manage nations.

The most powerful and most orange leader of the free world for the past 44 months being an exception to this rule?

pathetic and unrealistic ‘ 24/7 tracker 24/7 minders ‘ not allowed to mingle with Thais and encouraged to do daily activities ???????? sorry Thailand no longer the land of smiles,.it’s the land of stupidity ! It’s these daft comments that will deter tourism returning