Project Big Picture

Bredbury Blue

Have to wait until (probably) tomorrow for most to come out of their closets????

The alleged stance of each Premier League club is recorded as following:

For - Liverpool, Manchester United; Undecided – Arsenal; Against – Brighton & Hove Albion, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Leeds United, Sheffield United, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United; No comment – Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester City, Manchester City, Newcastle United, Southampton, Tottenham Hotspur, Wolverhampton Wanderers.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, wilai said:

Can you show me where I said they should have additional votes?.....What I said was that the Big Six would benefit from the reduction in votes required to pass a proposal. Please don't use a part of a quote and change it's context...Thank you.

Can you show me where i said that you said they should have additional votes - i didn't did i. 

It was quite clear on what you posted, there was no need to repeat it. I read your post, quoted it and continued on to post my opinion on what i believe should be the power and voting rights of the PL clubs. 

It was most definitely not my intention to use a "part of a quote and change its context" as you infer - i therefore suggest you swap my part quote with your whole quote thereby making it quite clear i'm not changing any context OR delete your quote, either way i'm ok with.

Your welcome.

The thing which seems to be the sticking point is the voting,giving the top six ish clubs effective power over the rest of the clubs SHOULDNT be endorsed FULL STOP. However a compromise where  promoted clubs get a vote after ? Years continued in the prem, could be a compromise..

the Americans are lookin at their domestic sport NFL and it's more competative than the prem.. the rad 5 boys reckon that 50 ish %of teams  stand a chance of winnin it.. the Americans WILL NOT want that but it's something we should aspire to, ie the dream .. notts forest derby dreams   the proposed voting system will enlarge the already MASSIVE gap in the prem.

The other thing that needs to be addressed is ownership.. the loan system SHOULD be encouraged where  say man city pay shall we say bolton.. X amount per season to take ?? Players and undertake to maybe include them in their sqauds?   Say bolton return man city 2 players that are ready for inclusion in their team .. their next 'contract' becomes moe valuable ie clubs will notice and perhaps compete for the placements... No direct say but contact and a way of increasing the viability of the footballing chain...  I've thought this system could work for a no of years and see no reason why not...

Edited by 3 minus 2

19 hours ago, polpott said:

The big worry is the proposal for the big 6 to effectively take control of the league. it will end in tears and could be a way into the formation of a European super league.

The 'big six' will not be the 'big six' at the end of this season.

Only three of the B6 will make in into the T6 IMO.

My opinion, as stated earlier, is the big 6 should individually and as a group

have no more power than the other PL clubs individually and as a group...one club, one vote.

From the Mirror

"....the Football Supporters Association have labelled it “a sugar-coated cyanide pill.” They declare forthrightly: “It is not acceptable for billionaire club owners to hatch a plan in secret and then try and use the fallout from a global pandemic to buy compliance from financially crippled clubs.”

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/project-big-picture-a-sugar-coated-cyanide-pill/

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Supporters of the big 6 are totally opposed to departing from one club one vote. Think the American owners of Liverpool and ManU don't understand their fans - or do but don't care. Greed!

Yes, the representation of supporters in making any planned changes hasn't even been considered and is long overdue. This is where the government should be involved in making legal requirements for supporter representation.

The point about greed is interesting because, while self-interest is no doubt at the heart of this for the owners of Liverpool and Manchester United, their proposal also highlights the greed and self-interest of around 10-14 clubs who are only willing to shell out £40 million to the EFL clubs and then burden them with loans. Hypocrisy and greed all round. 

3 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Yes, the representation of supporters in making any planned changes hasn't even been considered and is long overdue. This is where the government should be involved in making legal requirements for supporter representation.

The point about greed is interesting because, while self-interest is no doubt at the heart of this for the owners of Liverpool and Manchester United, their proposal also highlights the greed and self-interest of around 10-14 clubs who are only willing to shell out £40 million to the EFL clubs and then burden them with loans. Hypocrisy and greed all round. 

I agree with your 2nd paragraph. 

I feel particularly <deleted>-off that my local clubs Bury and Macc went out of the league when a way to save them should have been found.

I also feel the PL teams should do better to help, support someway the 72 clubs, but then i read an interesting point today that said that some of the not-so-rich PL teams are not keen to financially support potential competitors in the Championship, think the example given was why should Burnley financially support Derby which might aid Derby take Burnley's PL position, a point i hadn't considered, football is a business after all. 

Think we truly are at the crossroads of football here due to the effects of Covid.

Another reason for some clubs being unwilling to give money to the Championship is that in some cases, the EFL clubs are considerably richer. Stoke City's owners have more than 7 Billion whilst Bristol City and Preston's are worth more than 1 Billion. Compare those and others with Burnley's value of 62m and you can see why they do not want to subsidise them!

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I feel particularly <deleted>-off that my local clubs Bury and Macc went out of the league when a way to save them should have been found.

How can Bury and Macc be your local clubs?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Because they are local to my home; only 25 mins home to Gigg Lane and 34 mins home to Moss Rose, that's pretty local wouldn't you say.

No, I lived less than a 10 minute walk to Anfield and less than 15 to Goodison. That's local. 

Sorry about that. 

6 minutes ago, rott said:

No, I lived less than a 10 minute walk to Anfield and less than 15 to Goodison. That's local. 

Sorry about that. 

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

Ah.....Stockport then.????

• Like 2

Guys, why all this shock and outrage? Whether you agree or disagree with it, why are we surprised when our clubs want to put themselves in a better financial position.

We all scream and shout for the multi-million pound signings... well that is what football has become. As soon as there is so much money involved, the whole 'let's do what is fair' utopia goes out of the window. 

6 hours ago, rott said:

Sorry about that. 

I used to live just off Walton Breck Rd. In between the Albert and the Salisbury. Worked that way for a couple of years and used to regularly go mid-week Liverpool games but go home weekends

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I used to live just off Walton Breck Rd. In between the Albert and the Salisbury. Worked that way for a couple of years and used to regularly go mid-week Liverpool games but go home weekends

My parents used to go to the Salisbury on a Saturday night. I went the other side, everywhere between the Albert and Breck Road. But enough of this chit chat or we'll get banned for going off topic. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Lawks a mercy, you're a caution and no mistake guv. 

Laugh.!!!!........I thought my kecks would never dry. etc etc. 

I was merely sharing Bob's puzzlement at the odd interpretation of "local". Anyway enjoy. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wilai said:

Project rejected so no surprise there then. Clubs to commission a 'prompt Strategy Review' involving all 20 PL clubs. Well.....at least it succeeded in bringing them to the table! ????

Bit of embarrassing for Liverpool FC and Manchester United FC though! Greed!

Screenshot_20201015-080947_Chrome.jpg

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Altrincham is more local to him than Macc. 

Promoted to the 5th tier this season, might I add. 

Salford closer than Bury by the sound too. 

I couldn't get my head round how his 2 "local" teams were further apart than Old Trafford and Anfield. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1