New Toy

AllanB

vanvan.webpHi Y'all. Need to chase away the blues of this lockdown <deleted>, so bought a new toy. Looks like we will be stuck in Portugal for the winter and don't want to risk the pristine Vespa on these roads, plus with mates coming to visit they will have seomthing to ride on their car licence.

Bikes are expensive here so this one (13 years old) was around the new price in Thailand, but it is what it is and can't wait to try it out on the beach.

We have a big piece of Land here so great for that, but it's basically for "dicking about" as the yanks so aptly put it.

Anyone else have one?

vanvan.webp

vanvan2.webp

Edited by AllanB

• 3 weeks later...

Haven'r got to ride since I tried to change the oil. Was looking on youtube as to which of the "two" drain holes to use, which are identical. The first thing to come up is if you use the wrong one a bunch of bits fall out and you cannot easily select neutral and guess what, I bought the bike with a neutral selection problem.

When I removed the wrong one there was only a spring and no pin, soreally  good news and probably why he couldn't sell the bike for full money. Seems the best/cheapest place to buy the pin is actually in Thailand and may I have to wait, but I now wished I had asked my stepson to post one to me.

I did ride it with MrsB down to the local town, rides very different to the Vespa, as you would expect but feels like fun, though I was overtaken by a couple of pedestrians. There are a lot of soft, sandy, winding, hilly tracks around here so will do a bit of exploring before winter arrives.

Low C of G and low seat should be good.