Non o based on marriage question

Hi.

My non o visa expired end of July and I just got a new one with multi entry. I did extensions over 10 years and dont remember how this first trip to Thailand works with multi entry.

When I enter Thailand this week, do I need to fly out from Thailand after 90 days or what I need to do to have the 1 year multi entry visa valid whole year? 

40 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Does the re-entry permit have to be applied for at the immigration office, or at the re-entry window I've seen at the airport? If at the IO, what is the purpose of the window at the airport? Something I've not need before but might do if I go to Dubai in February.

You do not have to get it at a immigration office. 

You can get it at some airports and border crossings.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa issued by a embassy you will have to leave the country every 90 days.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you will get. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension or proof of 40k baht income.

After the extension is issued you can then apply for a multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht) or single re-entry permit (1000 baht).

Can anyone point me to the list of documents required for the "application for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage" please? What is the latest rule on the 400k account? Can it be in an account paying interest? 

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Does the re-entry permit have to be applied for at the immigration office, or at the re-entry window I've seen at the airport? If at the IO, what is the purpose of the window at the airport? Something I've not need before but might do if I go to Dubai in February.

Your choice providing you exit Thailand where re-entry permits are available. Airports need to be there for those in a rush, like some emergency. But not restricted to that.... maybe for those who have not done Tm30 or 90 day reports too!

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, Scottish Thailander said:

Can anyone point me to the list of documents required for the "application for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage" please? What is the latest rule on the 400k account? Can it be in an account paying interest? 

The 400k can be in any Thai bank account that gives you instant access.

• Like 1

Hi, I will be visiting the Rayong IMO in Mataphut in the next few days to convert my current tourist visa to a non 0 90 day based on marriage.

Today I have been to Bangkok bank and obtained a copy of my last 6 months bank account which clearly shows in excess of 80,000 being transfered from international sources every month. Thus I think I should be able to obtain either a non o based on marriage or a retirement visa.

My wife accompanied be on a visit to Jomtien IMO earlier in September and she insists that I have to have 400k in the bank. Can someone point me to the regulations in Thai please that informs of the 40k and 65k per month options so she will believe me and hopefully assist me at the IMO as currently she is firmly in the "Tam May Dai" ie. cannot do camp.

At IMO they give you a checklist in Thai to tick off. Is there a copy of this list in english anywhere too.

Thanks in Antisipation

Robin

17 minutes ago, robindon said:

Can someone point me to the regulations in Thai please that informs of the 40k and 65k per month options so she will believe me and hopefully assist me at the IMO as currently she is firmly in the "Tam May Dai" ie. cannot do camp.

English and Thai are here at a numbers 18 and 19. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

But those are the rules for a one year extension of stay. 

The requirements to change to a non-o visa does not mention the transfers into a Thai bank to prove a 40k baht income.

See: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

It is the same for one based upon retirement.