Investor Visa B now possible

Thai embassy of helsinki will give you B - visa if you have 15 k EUR in home country and 3 mil baht in Thailand.

If i remember right Brits have similar but there was need for condo also. Check your embassy for details relevant to you.

5.  An original of Current bank statement (Saving account only) with minimum balance of 15,000 euro per person in English (at least from the last 6 months/ in the end of each month the minimum closing balance 15,000 euro). The bank statement must show account owner and account balance.

6.2 For investor, please submit a Current saving bank statement in Thailand with minimum balance of 3,000,000 baht per person in English. The bank statement must show account owner and account balance.

https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/fi/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-b-business-meeting-2?page=5f52109740513118106fefb4&menu=5f521c5ce4584f499b48de52

They also don't have the requirement that it has to be with a local bank, only states english language bank statement in original (i guess they accept finnish too).

Def better than what the english embassy wants, just checked the german embassy in berlin and vienna embassy - no new mention of the business visa there. 

As far as I know the minimum investment is 10M for a Non-Imm B (and even 20M for a SMART I) visa, so I wonder if the embassy has "forgotten" the requirement of an investment for this visa type?

10M investment is also required for the extension of stay (paragraph 5):

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

3M only is required for visas issued prior 1/Oct/2006....

16 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Def better than what the english embassy wants, just checked the german embassy in berlin and vienna embassy - no new mention of the business visa there. 

Austrian embassy states that you can enter with a Non-Imm B visa from 9/Oct/2020:

LATEST UPDATE: As from 9 October 2020, holders of Non-Immigrant "B" Visa are permitted to enter Thailand under exempted Category (11).

-> https://thaiembassy.at/en/coe.html

However, they don't have any information on their website that the requirements for a Non-Imm B Investment visa have been changed recently....

17 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

They also don't have the requirement that it has to be with a local bank, only states english language bank statement in original.

"6.2 For investor, please submit a Current saving bank statement in Thailand with minimum balance of 3,000,000 baht per person in English. The bank statement must show account owner and account balance".

17 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

They also don't have the requirement that it has to be with a local bank, only states english language bank statement in original (i guess they accept finnish too).

A bank statement in english is still an original even if the bank is Finnish.