Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

8 hours ago, transam said:

3. The spokesperson and leader of the Lib Dems that promised YOU the UK will stay in the EU was chucked out.

So what message did that tell remainers....?

She lost her seat to the SNP by 149 votes.

The SNP supported Remain in 2016 and in 2019 campaigned on the promise of a referendum on the WA.

She received 12068 more votes than the Brexiteer Tory.

What message does that send to Brexiteers?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I can't speak for others; but as I am British and love my country I remain here in the hope that we can salvage something from the disaster.

Would you not have done the same had Remain won? Or would you have deserted your country like a rat deserting a sinking ship?

Hard to salvage anything while you,re fighting for the other side.

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The SNP supported Remain in 2016 and in 2019 campaigned on the promise of a referendum on the WA.

hoots mon Its a braw bricht moonlicht  nicht the nicht.

• Haha 2

*Deleted post edited out*

A future that would have been so much brighter if we had remained as part of EU....instead we are going to be a sad, little isolation island, the Union breaking down, costs soaring, second rate trade deals and beholden to the USA over which we have even less say than we had with the EU.

What am I saying?.....All my four kids have Italian passports...so what do I care.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, transam said:

The message sent was that she was chucked out, she and the Lib Dems did NOT get a landslide vote from your remainer lot........That is a huge message......

You said

On 11/10/2020 at 2:47 AM, transam said:

3. The spokesperson and leader of the Lib Dems that promised YOU the UK will stay in the EU was chucked out.

So what message did that tell remainers....?

You are very fond of facts, so I gave you some

23 hours ago, 7by7 said:

9 hours ago, transam said:

Strange how you juggle with numbers instead of looking at the facts...

1. Lib Dems failed.....FACT...

2. Brexit happened....FACT...

Even though the LibDems lost one seat, they did increase their vote share. Failure? Maybe, but not the humiliation you earlier claimed.

Yes; Brexit has happened. unfortunately. But as I live in a democracy I have the right to speak out against it; even if it can't be changed, and campaign for the best possible trade deal for the UK. 

No juggling with numbers by me; just reporting the facts. That you don't care for those facts is your problem, not mine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/9/2020 at 7:13 PM, 7by7 said:

So what has the EU done to "the EU would do everything they could to punish the UK, and not respect the essence / terms of the WA, thereby rendering it null and void?"

If Johnson had the foresight to predict all this, why did he sign it?

To get the bl..dy process moving past the starting post of course.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 9:52 AM, Surelynot said:

I would suspect a lot of the remain-minded commentators on here have done just that....welcome to the LOS.

Don't go down that route, or we'll get all the 'out of the frying pan and into the fire' brigade on here as well.

• Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/11/eu-summit-19-november-deadline-draft-brexit-deal

EU summit on 19 November seen as deadline for draft Brexit deal

‘If there isn’t good news by then ... time is up,’ says senior EU diplomat

Daniel Boffey in Brussels

Wed 11 Nov 2020 11.41 GMT

Last modified on Wed 11 Nov 2020 17.45 GMT

A summit of EU leaders on 19 November is now viewed in Brussels as the final deadline for a draft Brexit deal, with negotiations on Britain’s future trade and security relationship with the bloc set to go to the wire.

Negotiators working in London had hoped to be able to pass on a deal to MEPs for scrutiny by 18 November to allow time for parliamentary ratification but the talks remain difficult, according to sources on both sides.

Edited by david555