Housing advice (Moving to Hua Hin next month)

username415

Hi and thanks in advance for any advice and help.

I'll be moving to Hua Hin from Bangsaphan next month and am hoping some of you out there can help me out with some information about housing.  I am thinking my family and I (wife and two kids) will possibly rent a furnished house for 1 month while I take that time to look for a more long term rental.  The school I will be teaching at is off of the canal road, so something in that area or maybe over the hill towards the new immigration office would be great.  

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks again

As has been said before many times... it's pretty easy.

You drive into town and stay at a hotel for a few days. During that time, you scout the areas you prefer (close to school, etc.) for FOR RENT signs. You look and then find a place. Then, you move the family in and start your search for something better, if you prefer.

Also, you can check local real estate sites before you come, like DD Property, etc. for rentals.

Good luck & Welcome!

????

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply Michaelaway

The reason I'm asking is to avoid the hotel stay if possible, and if I could get some good suggestions I could drive up for 1 day the week before we move, nail it down and then come back to move the family.  As it stands, driving around looking will probably take longer than 1 day.  I also looked at some websites, but the only things I really saw were pool villas for super expensive.  

Airbnb is your short term solution, a lot of offers on marketplace also

my advice, don't chose a place to live where you can

heard the train, it could be anonying on the longterm

Hua hin is a nice place, but can become boring and depressing

on the long run. It's good you have a job, but don't forget your wife

she needs to have a convenient place for her too 

particularly if she doesn't work, her requirments for a place could differ from yours

imo the proximity from your schooljob shouldn't be the priority if you have your own transport

afaik there isn't traffic jams in the Hua Hin area

good luck

• Like 2

Whilst I don't live on the canal road side of Hua Hin  I do travel through there from time to time. I was recently around the area of soi 6 and there were quite a few stand alone houses for rent in that area> Not knowing your budget it is a little hard to give specifics ideas/ advice. ( perhaps an indication may provide more specific answers to your question here.) There are a number of gated estates in the area which vary from budget priced to a premium.  As a general comment only the likelihood of noise /dogs/ people issues tend to be a little more problematic in  budget minded areas. Already some good advice given.. best of luck with your re location. 

• Like 1

Bangsaphan is not far from HUA HIN.
You could take a hotel for yourself, for 2 or 3 days, near your place of work and from there you exploit the surroundings.
Indeed, think of your family in your research, that they do not blame you for having taken them to a rat hole, with the noise of the neighbors, the train, the road.
The restaurants so nice when we go to eat there, but unbearable when they are at our door. To avoid.
Shops nearby are also good.
In HUA HIN, there are nice little corners, but you also have to take the trouble.
Door to door is better.
Dare to phone the owner. A quarter of an hour later, he is in front of you for the visit.
Otherwise, welcome to HUA HIN.

• Like 1

Hi all,

My son, with his family, lives in Hua-hin.

I have been staying (several times) in La Vallé just up over the hill from central Hua-hin, which is a lovely place, secluded, with a gated entrance (guards and all), with no traffic inside, nice villas in various sizes, a nice swimming pool place (some has their own as well), playground for kids. Close to several smaller shops, a few restaurants a fantastic coffee roastery (with his own shop and café).

The residents are from all over the world, mostly Thai, though. Quiet, friendly.

Possibly a mile, or two, from your work! Decidedly better air in central Hua-hin, main road towards the inland just outside, and the other way direct to the city center. Easy to go downtown by bus, car, tuk.tuk, or bike. Nice, good, restaurants in the area as well. We bought most of our food from Makro (on the main road to Bangkok), good quality, and cheaper than downtown. Gigantic place, but you kind of need a car/taxi.

For a while we stayed in Ban Lisa, much closer to your job, but pretty near the railway. Small bungalows, a big outdoor swimmingpool, nothing else, and no playgrounds. Narrow streets, not that walk-friendly. Not that childfriendly!

Have lived in one of the apartment complexes (ban San Dau) down by the seafront (quite near your school), but that was not cheap, even for a small flat. Maybe now, though?!

• Like 1

Again, thanks for the info, especially about the Soi 6 area and Lavallee (I think this is where you were talking about).  About price range, definitely looking for something more aimed at Thai people (ie budget/not expensive) for the long term, since we have all our own furniture and are comfortable living in a Thai style house with no western style amenities.  But for the first month something mid-range and furnished would be great so I have time to look around and the fam will be comfortable.