Trump objects to 'mute' button in next Biden matchup, but debate will go on

webfact

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

if he acts this way in public, imagine how unbearable he must be in his white house staffing meetings, briefings with generals and cdc officials.

i imagine those briefings must be even worse than the circus where he ordered his pandemic experts to "look into" injecting disinfectant into the lungs, like a cleaning, and to bring yu-vee light into the body, somehow.  trump acting pompous, giving orders, while the real experts bite their lips and take it.

Just watched on Australian TV the first part of the Trump show

the inside fighting among all staff and republicans is horrendous.

He is like a cry baby and every body not agreeing with him gets

sacked or made to resign he even sacks his advisors by tweets.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Not a chance that will happen, especially if the democratic activist moderator is in charge of the button.

The New York Times is reporting moderator Kristen Welker will not have control of a mute button in order to silence candidates,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-20/mute-button-final-presidential-debate/12785242

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, GeorgeEboy said:

Never under estimate the stupidity of some of the American public. Many buffoons put him in office. And I’m not one of them. ???? 

LOL, do you realize what you said in your last sentence? Double meaning. A better way of putting it would be to say " I did not vote for him".

• Confused 2

During the debate preparation for the first date, Chris Christie had advised Trump to keep interrupting Biden.  Biden has a speech impediment and interruptions tend to cause him to start stuttering.   

The 'mute' button might work to make it more pleasant for the viewers, but Trump can still speak and may be able to cause Biden to stutter.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

I think he lasts about 10 minutes before he storms off....then 45 secs later comes back all WWE style, throwing chairs and having to be restrained, shouting the election is being stolen and then glaring into the camera....face so red the orange makeup cant even hide it, and screams "PROUD BOYS....MOUNT UP!!!!!"

Too bad I am actually half serious...

An unhinged Trump may do another walk-out like he did on "60 Minutes". This seem to be his latest strategy to cast others as unfair to him when asked on question that he deemed biased which nowadays is just about any question at all. He has lost his marbles. 

• Like 2

It will be good to let Biden talk, so everyone can see that he is barely coherent. They should also have a mute button on the moderator, the last guy kept interrupting Trump's responses.

The more Biden talks the better though. He is sad joke as presidential candidate.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Lighten up guys. Love him or loathe him, life will be duller when Trump has gone.

Indeed. What will CNN have to talk about? I watch them sometimes and it's almost always about Trump.

Perhaps they'll still talk about him after he's gone, whenever that is. Even BBC and Al Jazeera get mileage out of running Trump down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:
15 hours ago, GeorgeEboy said:

Never under estimate the stupidity of some of the American public. Many buffoons put him in office. And I’m not one of them. ???? 

LOL, do you realize what you said in your last sentence? Double meaning. A better way of putting it would be to say " I did not vote for him".

I thought it was pretty clear.  He said he wasn't one of the buffoons that put Trump in office. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I thought it was pretty clear.  He said he wasn't one of the buffoons that put Trump in office. 

The double meaning is in the potential inference he is a buffoon also, just not one that voted for Trump.

It's a bit like the body that was discovered in the woods by a tramp in an advanced state of decomposition. One has to feel sorry for the tramp.

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

People who stutter are frequently quite intelligent, it's just their minds are faster than their tongues.

Winston Churchill, James Earl Jones, Elvis Presley and Bruce Willis are famous examples of stutterers.

Trump's better facility with speech is taken by the ignorant as an indicator of his better mental capacity.

I must disagree with you. If you watch an interview with trump from 30 years ago he comes across as eloquent and with a good vocabulary. Fast forward until today and the decline is obvious and shocking, Today, what you get are streams of unconsciousness, the ramblings of a failing/failed mind. He sounds like an Alzheimer patient on speed.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I must disagree with you. If you watch an interview with trump from 30 years ago he comes across as eloquent and with a good vocabulary. Fast forward until today and the decline is obvious and shocking, Today, what you get are streams of unconsciousness, the ramblings of a failed mind. He sounds like an Alzheimer patient on speed.

I don't consider we are disagreeing, just looking at it from a different perspective. IMO Trump thinks quantity is preferable to quality.

• Like 2