Check-In Domestic Flight Air Asia

ChrisKC

I have a flight booked from Chiang Mai to Krabi and return over 3 to 10 November.

This topic is connected with Covid 19 as it relates to Air Asia's assertion that 3 hours check in time both in Chiang Mai and Krabi is required to "complete the necessary processes". Their website shows good information about how they are dealing with the problem but it seems to me they will only check my temperature that tells me from 7 months of experience will take less than 5 seconds.

The website also indicates that check in can be done online so their reason (no real explanation) is that 3 hours will "avoid unnecessary delay at Check in" which of course will not apply if checking in is online and printing out a boarding pass.

Both my Thai wife and I have attempted to contact Air Asia that has been completely fruitless; their chat line is only manned - haha - by a robot that doesn't understand in either Thai or English and no chance of talking with a human.

I would appreciate if anyone has travelled domestically with Air Asia recently and has been able to by-pass a three hour check in by successfully checking in online.

Thank you for your assistance

Having flown domestic several times over the past few months, I would say the whole process is faster than it was pre-covid mainly because there are less passengers. 1 hour is enough.

The last time I departed via Don Meung there was only 1 temperature check which was at the main doors to the terminal. It was a thermal scanner and no one was there manning it. Perhaps they had gone to the toilet.

• Like 1

Flew with AA 2 weeks ago. Did the online check-in and printed boarding passes beforehand. Absolutely no issues at the airport, and would agree 1 hour is enough.

Did make the mistake of checking in a bag one way. That added 20 minutes onto the procedure. Won't be doing that again.

50 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Could you elaborate on the checking in on bag problem please?

It isn’t a problem, just that you have to go to the checkin desk on the way in and wait for the bag at your destination. All that adds time.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Could you elaborate on the checking in on bag problem please?

There was quite a big queue, but the real problem was that some travellers had maasive bags and appeared to be over their purchased weight allowance . So had to stand around while they sorted that out 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Katipo said:

Flew with AA 2 weeks ago. Did the online check-in and printed boarding passes beforehand. Absolutely no issues at the airport, and would agree 1 hour is enough.

Did make the mistake of checking in a bag one way. That added 20 minutes onto the procedure. Won't be doing that again.

If I have a bag to check in I never fly with AA. Far too complicated. The last time I made that mistake I had to line up to print a luggage tag from a machine, some of which were not working. Then I had to line up again to hand in the bag. Why the check-in person couldn't print the tag I have no idea. After that time-wasting experience I didn't use the return flight and booked on another airline instead, losing 700 baht which I considered money well spent. 

• Like 1

For domestic AirAsia flights, as long as you do web check in and your carry on bag is of normal size I’ve never had an issue with weight. Just go directly to security and then the gate.

I’ve taken 12 flights to several Thai airports since they restarted flying and had zero issues. It’s never taken more than 10 minutes. 

I went from BKK to Krabi a few weeks back with Thai Smile. Check in was chaotic, huge queues, my wife to one look and went straight to what I think was their business class desk which was clear. Girl checked us in and said to use proper desk next time.

When we got to Krabi had to do QR to get out of airside. My phone is voice only and I said it couldn't be done, woman asked for my phone and after about 5 minutes holding everyone up realised the problem, gave me form to fill in.

Coming back from Krabi, check in was very quick and straightforward.

On 10/21/2020 at 8:49 PM, ChrisKC said:

I have a flight booked from Chiang Mai to Krabi and return over 3 to 10 November.

This topic is connected with Covid 19 as it relates to Air Asia's assertion that 3 hours check in time both in Chiang Mai and Krabi is required to "complete the necessary processes". Their website shows good information about how they are dealing with the problem but it seems to me they will only check my temperature that tells me from 7 months of experience will take less than 5 seconds.

The website also indicates that check in can be done online so their reason (no real explanation) is that 3 hours will "avoid unnecessary delay at Check in" which of course will not apply if checking in is online and printing out a boarding pass.

Both my Thai wife and I have attempted to contact Air Asia that has been completely fruitless; their chat line is only manned - haha - by a robot that doesn't understand in either Thai or English and no chance of talking with a human.

I would appreciate if anyone has travelled domestically with Air Asia recently and has been able to by-pass a three hour check in by successfully checking in online.

i always thort domestic chk in times WAS 2 hours????

10 hours ago, essox essox said:

i always thort domestic chk in times WAS 2 hours????

I don't know about the last three years before now but when I travelled frequently Chiang Mai to Bangkok only 45 minutes if no baggage to be checked in. I think the norm was two hours for International flights

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 8:49 PM, ChrisKC said:

Just kidding, but maybe it's worth trying Thaiglish on their Line. 5555555