Inferno erupts in Samut Prakan

webfact

7 hours ago, rayinkrabi said:

Poor maintenance or poor management.....?"....Poor maintenance is because of poor management, in fact good management is the vital key to all aspects of all business's.  BUT...a good management 'team' need to be well educated & qualified.

Hmm lets see....Exxon Valdez, Deepwater Horizon, Piper Alpha to mention a few.

Unfortunately disasters occur worldwide due to poor management.

• Like 1

"Unfortunately disasters occur worldwide due to poor management"...I couldn't agree more to this statement, and certainly didn't mean to imply Thailand is alone on this score. The sad fact is that many countries/business's fail to manage competently for whatever reasons often resulting in costly & tragic loss.

Being human,  these kind of accidents happen all over the world. Not really because of poor 

maintenance as some expert posters are quick to try point out.  Of course none of them likely 

worked in the oil or petro - chemical industry either.   I have seen oil rigs blow up, refinery

fires all over the globe, etc, but this is Thailand so bash the industry.   Since we all need

oil and natural gas to exist, the industry will be with us for the rest of our lives and

our grand childrens lives as well.   After all, we all love our cell phones, tablets, computers,

vehicles and houses and everything that we have has a bit of oil in it, like all of our plastic

eye glasses, especially the plastic framed ones. the electrical wires in all our houses and

condos. The handles on most of our cooking items. Well you know what I am talking about,

even the threads that keep our clothes from falling apart. Just mentioning this as I had

a few Green women say oh leave the oil in the ground, we do not need it.  They blushed

a bit when I said without oil your bra would not even exist.  Amazing what you can read 

on google if you chose to. RIP to the 3 that died, and I hope the rest recover from their injuries.

Geezer

And they are building a pipeline across Isan to some Khon Kaen gas(?) field.

Recently drove along the ongoing work.

(from the sparse news it's not clear to me whether it is gas or oil)

201004132455.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 10/23/2020 at 9:48 AM, bander said:

It seem to me that everything Thai "engineers" construct eventually blows up or malfunction in other ways.

Do they even have a legit Engineer Degree from a university.

Everything? Really? This is the first such explosion I’ve heard of in Thailand in 20 years.

...and I don’t think degrees are required to lay pipes anywhere in the world. 

On 10/24/2020 at 2:02 PM, KhunBENQ said:

And they are building a pipeline across Isan to some Khon Kaen gas(?) field.

Recently drove along the ongoing work.

(from the sparse news it's not clear to me whether it is gas or oil)

201004132455.jpg

OK who will be the first to say it's dangerous to have a pipeline alongside the road like that?