Bus or van Bangkok to Kanchanaburi

scott60

I like to travel whit own rented van! Today evening i coming (whit 8 lady's) from Loei to Bangkok. I pay 1800 bth/ day + petrol.

Driver + van. Bus never stop so i don't like! Whit van can stop when want ,get beer as much want etc.

Edited by 2 is 1

Depending on your itinerary/amount of time you want to spend there I would reccomend going by train, there are 2 trains a day from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi, 07.50 hrs & 13.55 hrs, Google it for more info.

It's a very pleasant journey.

Edited by Golden Triangle
Spelling
  • Like 2

DO NOT TAKE the scheduled vans.  They are deathtraps, driven by reincarnated kamikaze pilots.  And they'll stop several times along the way and pick up more passengers than there are seats in the van.  Even if it looks organized when you start out, you'll be squashed before you arrive, with no means of escape if the van bursts into flames.  Which happens occasionally.

I took one, and it was so bad that I figured it had to be a fluke.  So I took another on my next trip.  It wasn't a fluke...  Never again.

Rent a van (or taxi) and driver if you have a recommendation from someone you trust.  Take the big buses from one of the terminals in BKK.  (I'm not sure where they leave from nowadays... it's changed).  Or for the complete K-Buri experience, take the train on the historic railway, across the Bridge on the River Kwai.  An excellent journey, though not a luxury experience.

Sorry to be boring, but I will actually answer the question asked.

If you are near Asoke you can get the MRT or BTS to Morchit where you can get a minibus or microbus (some say safer and more regulated) to Kanchanaburi.  Frequent services.

Or get taxi to Sai Tai Mai (Southern Bus Terminal) for the big bus.

Have a nice holiday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depends how many people and luggage. If you have luggage I would go to Southern Bus terminal and get the big bus (more frequent from there than Mo Chit). If I was alone and travelling light I would get the BTS to Mo Chit and then a minivan, faster and if any traffic problems they can usually find a way around.

• Thanks 1