Personal medication

Peeba boy

14 minutes ago, tonray said:

You are general allowed to bring in a 30 day supply of personal meds. 

I regularly have 16 weeks worth of similar meds to the OP posted to me. Box marked "prescription medication". Never been opened by Thai customs.

On a round trip to the UK, I've been known to bring 24 weeks worth of meds in my suitcase. never been a problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peeba boy said:

Thanks that what I was thinking. I have 6 months worth the worst they will do is take it off me

If you have a doctors prescription for the meds (copy will do) you're fully covered. I think the official advice is to have a doctors letter listing your meds. I don't bother.

3 hours ago, Peeba boy said:

Is it ok to take personal medication into Thailand. I mean I mean for blood pressure 

gout and colestral

These types of medicines are normally easily available and cheap in Thailand, if you need more than 30 days supply.

• Like 2

I return to the UK every 9 months for a hossy check up, I generally bring back 9 months of tables with me, full prescription from doctors, not an issue so far.

I don't think doctors meds would be an issue anyway if they are not mood enhancers, etc. Only thing my tablets would give you is enhanced diahorea !  

Would be interesting to know if anyone has been stopped with tablets and asked to see an immigration doctor to explain what they were for and the outcome.

Edited by RichardColeman

10 hours ago, Peeba boy said:

Is it ok to take personal medication into Thailand. I mean I mean for blood pressure 

gout and colestral

I've been in and out of Thailand for the past 11 years, 4x a year.

Nobody has ever looked in any of my bags, in any of the airports.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

As others have said, you are allowed to bring in 30 day supply with you. As long as they are not narcotics, all that is needed is that they be in well labelled bottles.

While the limit is 30 days in practice they do not usually count out the number of tablets and as long as the quantity  looks consistent with personal use, usually no problem.

Do not under any circumstance try to conceal the drugs as one poster (hopefully in jest) suggested, this would lead them to suspect it is something illegal.

As others have said these types of medication are readily available without prescription, in Thailand and often in very inexpensive locally made brands.