'People must brace for new-normal lifestyle for at least two years before Covid-19 is contained'

webfact

10 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

Please tell me your background in medical training? Where you studied? How many years of training you have in dealing with infectious diseases?

A hell of a lot more than you "know doubt". 12 yrs enough. Grow a brain!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A favorite meme goes:

Young girl to her mother: Mom, what is normal?

Mother: A setting on the dryer, dear.

I will say I understand those who say that their lives have changed very little. They probably don't pay for a multiple re-entry permit when they renew their non-O. I do however. Until this year I was spending a third of the year in Europe and a month in CA, my nominal "home"-Thailand was a hub. I can't complain; I'm still alive. But if it were possible to relocate to Europe I probably would.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Covid-19 pandemic may take about two years to slow down, after a large number of people become infected and become immune to the disease

Probably got this assumption from the Spanish flu (another pandemic) which infected a third of the world population in 1918 killing 50-100 million people. Before dying out ( in its original form) roughly after 2 years due to people getting an immunity to it. It continued to mutate, going through different mammals and apparently is still with us today all be it, not in its deadliest form

2 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

"New normal lifestyle"?  I'm intrigued also as to what this is.  My lifestyle is absolutely unchanged.  I can only think it refers to international travel, which certainly has been affected.  Otherwise, no changes here....

2 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

So you haven't noticed the global pandemic? How odd.

That would be quite possible for soneone who doesn't go out much and spends most of their time in their living room. TV and the internet still work fine.

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Italians don't want new normal anymore, this was from tonight.

I saw the same years ago in Sicily. Lots of noise, lots of waving hands and everyone went home uninjured and happy. The reason? A local supermarket changed its opening times.

The Italians love a good protest but its harmless fun. Love 'em all.

Well you may said so...

My tough, this time ain't gonna go down easy. 

Myself working in turism industry's got hit hard last summer,not work and little help by Gov.Now they close the skiing places,so no winter season too,restaurants and coffee shops closing at 18.00,people getting affected, Italians as happy and solar peoples are not used to this kinds of restrictions. 

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

The thing is that no no can or will tell you what the new normal is and what to prepare for, could it be that the new normal is Not normal? and that everyday bring new "new normal"? who can really say beyond just throwing cliche phrases into the air?...

The new normal is wearing a mask everywhere, not being able to see people's faces, not being able to have a conversation on the BTS (for those of us in Bangkok that use it a lot). 

1 hour ago, robbioff said:

What we’re seeing is a mass over-reaction by most governments around the world. The cure is worse than the disease. Life needs to go on. Healthy people need to work. Unhealthy folks need to protect themselves.

In that regard, Thailand is handling the situation better than most places. 

4 minutes ago, scammed said:

i think the coffers will run dry long before that

It is why the elite have safes full of cash, gold, silver, diamonds and other easily tradeable gems.  For those who do not have any type of savings within reach to live daily life, they better start to put some away within grasp if possible.  This way they can live hand to mouth until the day a newer normal called living life returns.....Yes partially sarcastic.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is why the elite have safes full of cash, gold, silver, diamonds and other easily tradeable gems.  For those who do not have any type of savings within reach to live daily life, they better start to put some away within grasp if possible.  This way they can live hand to mouth until the day a newer normal called living life returns.....Yes partially sarcastic.

in burma they already reached the point of new normal,

as a consequence of fighting covid & climate change (TM)

peasant life eating rats

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, seancbk said:

The new normal is wearing a mask everywhere, not being able to see people's faces, not being able to have a conversation on the BTS (for those of us in Bangkok that use it a lot). 

However, the BTS and MRT will be the only place the masks are worn diligently.  Even in malls, folks take them down and walk without, just like on the streets.  Running in Lumpini park now has most folks not wearing them unless they are just walking.  As far as using the Thai Chana app, I rarely see people logging in or scanning into restaurants, or for that matter the Malls and shopping venues.  Last night in China Town, with the last night of the vegetarian festival in full swing, I saw a 50/50 wearing of masks.  When we left to get back on the MRT a group in front of us, who had masks with them but not on, were denied entry until they put them on, and then they apologized to the security personnel at the scanner and taking temperatures.  Seems to me that because of the way this Government has played with Covid in stating that Covid is under control here, people are becoming even more complacent.

• Like 1

No question international mobility is gone for some time to come, and the days of budget air travel are gone. Domestic tourism will have to fill the void left by foreigners not coming, in most countries. America is fast becoming the new pariah nation.

I'm relatively unaffected, except for wearing a mask into supermarkets etc. No big deal. I can get all the services I used to get in Australia here, sometimes a lot cheaper.

The people who are really affected by the new normal are those in service industries, the ones who are lucky enough to have jobs have adjust to significantly diminished incomes.

It's an ill-wind that blows nobody any good, Thai women seem to be flirting with me a lot more. And I'm old and ugly.

• Like 2

A troll post has been removed:

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

In addition to the guidelines posted below and those detailed in the Thaivisa forum rules and following the announcement that Thai government will invoke emergency powers in order to help deal with the COVID-19 situation in the country, Thaivisa requests members posting on the forum to abide by the following:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.   

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Bagwain said:

A hell of a lot more than you "know doubt". 12 yrs enough. Grow a brain!

Grow a brain? Lol. Your clearly uneducated statements are laughable and you are telling me to grow a brain. Go to back to using word like plandemic to make yourself feel all clever again.

Edited by Throatwobbler

35 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the pandemic will be over on November 3.

3 months ago I thought the same thing, but not now. Are our "leaders" going to just miraculously give up their newfound powers over us? Now that they see how easy it was to scare the majority of people and turn them into children frightened by monsters hiding under the bed, they will feel duty bound to continue to rule us with a firm hand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1