'People must brace for new-normal lifestyle for at least two years before Covid-19 is contained'

webfact

Just now, Throatwobbler said:

Serious question for you then. What do you think caused the reduction in the excessive death rates?

not sure what you mean by this. If you mean that death rates were decreased by lockdowns I would ask where is the evidence of this? Its too simplistic to say it would have been worse without them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bluedan said:

thats garbage. He is political. there are retired experts with no political agenda who say he is wrong. I disagree with him and Im not a cover denier. I disagree with the measures. Cant you see the dfference?

Apparently he has strong ties to Big Pharma since back in the 80s and HIV. One does not need to be a polititian for this.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MadMac said:

That would make 3 years in total, unlikely. SARS lastet roughly one year. So Wuhan outbreaks on large scale shoud be over within the next quarter. Perhaps a bit longer due people not getting exposed that much. Herd immunity was confirmed in Sweden and works just as with any other virus.

Have you got any link confirming Sweden has confirmed has confirmed herd immunity?

The immunity you get differs a lot from virus to virus. Once you have caught a common cold you are not immune to catching one again.

8 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

Have you got any link confirming Sweden has confirmed has confirmed herd immunity?

The immunity you get differs a lot from virus to virus. Once you have caught a common cold you are not immune to catching one again.

You can do your homework yourself. How do yo think a flu vaccine works? Or that common cold you get exposed to it? They do not last for 3 years and you do not get sick from the same one again. Different viruses, sure, but same result. 

image.png.c869fcfb8ffbe91fb1fccdc9a2610a8d.png

Edited by MadMac
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluedan said:

not sure what you mean by this. If you mean that death rates were decreased by lockdowns I would ask where is the evidence of this? Its too simplistic to say it would have been worse without them. 

Excess death rates went down in every country about 3 weeks after lockdowns were introduced. That is pretty strong evidence that they worked.

So I ask you again do you have any explanation apart from lockdowns for why the excessive death rate went down

11 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

Serious question for you then. What do you think caused the reduction in the excessive death rates?

Nobody has the final answer on that (yet).

But when comparing geographies that applied different measures to cope with covid, it is clear that the Simpleton Explantation of Lock-downs and Mask-wearing is NOT the answer.

That's the importance of the Sweden case, that did not do worse than UK or Spain were draconian measures were enforced (with much collateral damage).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

People need to tell covid deniers to go away.

Totally agree. My 27 year old pregnant niece got it and her 32 year old husband has been hospitalised with it and still is

Yet of course its all a con with Bill Gates wanted to chip our brains

Tossers

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Nobody has the final answer on that (yet).

But when comparing geographies that applied different measures to cope with covid, it is clear that the Simpleton Explantation of Lock-downs and Mask-wearing is NOT the answer.

That's the importance of the Sweden case, that did not do worse than UK or Spain were draconian measures were enforced (with much collateral damage).

totally agree and a longer term look at this will probably show that excess deaths spiked and then fell as happens in other years following a "soft" flu season 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

Hopefully, all these covid deniers go home where they came from. If you need p4p  go to Brazil. 

We don't want you in Asia. 

8 posts but speaking for whole Asia. Impressive ????

Do you really think Thailand is immune because of keeping the borders closed? I would rather expect a huge outbreak in a not so distant future while most other countries succesfully recover and restart their economies and life.

Edited by MadMac
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

Excess death rates went down in every country about 3 weeks after lockdowns were introduced. That is pretty strong evidence that they worked.

So I ask you again do you have any explanation apart from lockdowns for why the excessive death rate went down

Lockdown has worked real well for Peru, the Philippines and many other countries hasn't it?  Months and months of lockdowns, yet cases kept rolling in.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MadMac said:

You can do your homework yourself. How do yo think a flu vaccine works? Or that common cold you get exposed to it? They do not last for 3 years and you do not get sick from the same one again. Different viruses, sure, but same result. 

image.png.c869fcfb8ffbe91fb1fccdc9a2610a8d.png

Maybe you should have added some more information. New cases of covid in Sweden are increasing. A city has gone into a voluntary lockdown to fight the incease of new covid cases. These are both signs that there is no herd immuntiy in Sweden. Also I can not find any link that states that herd immunity has been comfirmed. In fact the only links I could find state that the number of antibodies in the general Swedish population is very low.

https://www.politico.eu/article/sweden-coronavirus-local-lockdown-uppsala/

744908389_Swedishcases.png.901582415b04e14a79e373aa38477abd.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bluedan said:

thats garbage. He is political. there are retired experts with no political agenda who say he is wrong. I disagree with him and Im not a cover denier. I disagree with the measures. Cant you see the dfference?

You need to do some research on Fauci.  He's not political at all.  Do the research.  The measures are the best we have right now.  Considering the virus is new and we still don't know all about it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You need to do some research on Fauci.  He's not political at all.  Do the research.  The measures are the best we have right now.  Considering the virus is new and we still don't know all about it. 

That's why deaths in the USA go constantly up whereas in most other countries they are falling.

Edited by MadMac

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Stick with Fauci, or one from the NIH, etc.  Hard to go wrong with Fauci.  45 years in infectious diseases.  And not political at all.  If someone bashes Fauci, they're a covid denier.

How about Sanjay Gupta, can we trust him?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

Maybe you should have added some more information. New cases of covid in Sweden are increasing. A city has gone into a voluntary lockdown to fight the incease of new covid cases. These are both signs that there is no herd immuntiy in Sweden. Also I can not find any link that states that herd immunity has been comfirmed. In fact the only links I could find state that the number of antibodies in the general Swedish population is very low.

https://www.politico.eu/article/sweden-coronavirus-local-lockdown-uppsala/

744908389_Swedishcases.png.901582415b04e14a79e373aa38477abd.png

T cell immunity may well be the answer to this. Antibody immunity is not the only immunity. This virus is from a family of similar virus circulating in the population. The. outer structure is very similar and scientists are saying there is evidence of  T cell immunity in the population. The original forecasts of catastrophe are based partly on the notion that there was zero immunity to begin with.

• Like 2