More tourists! Second batch of Chinese STV tourists plus businessmen arrive in Bangkok

webfact

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

They must be the kind of tourists with nothing better to do than to be locked up for 14 days or just so desperate to be in Thailand, either way, very bizarre...

To be honest, I'd rather be in China at the moment. Although it depends on which part of the country you're in, as some parts are still strict with face masks and such (Beijing being one); others no longer require them to walk down the street or enter most stores (although they probably are still required to enter malls and public transport)...

this applies to many parts of the country from Yunnan to Guangxi etc. according to recent footage I've seen out of the country. Out on the streets...virtually no one is wearing face masks, whereas in Thailand, a good 50% of the population still is. Can't really understand these Chinese "tourists" unless they're all business people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

So why have all the headlines to date only mentioned the 140 or so tourists, and never the 118 businessmen? Do they have a reason to hide their presence? I hope the BoT hasn't called in the receivers from Beijing, lol.

According to reports yesterday ALL  "tourists " IN or OUT of China are banned, so they're not tourists but illegal immigrants. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

The prospect of being able to afterwards spend up to 6 months in Thailand is NOT something that would attract a bona fide tourist.

Why not, I got mates in the UK who would jump at the chance, they do it every winter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Or more PLA members.

You know who is bringing in the faceless minions to assist with future planning to deal with protesters?  Would be interesting to sea how many have Hong Kong stamps in their passport about the time of the crackdown...but then...they may not have stamps..... 

• Like 2

So according to this report 145 of them are not on an STV, so they must be on WPs or some other type of visa, the business men that is. As usual with these reports they lack clarity. I suppose its the price you pay for being just translators rather than news reporters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, indieke said:

Business people. Buying all for cheap cheap I guess. But my gf, who lives with me cannot come in.  They separate desperate couples. Thai or not, it is simply inhuman to separate people. Proving you are together, should be enough to reunite people in any country. It is a slap in our face, these kind of people can come in. It will bring nothing to the economy, only the fact more and more will be Chinese owned.

Agree 100%, it has been a journey for all countries but we are learning a vaccine may only be 50% reliable, someone can be re-infected, there are second waves of this virus as in Europe right now  What exactly is the thai government waiting for or is this the way it is ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Whether they are tourists or not is irrelevant they are guinea pigs let's hope none of them develope or catch Covid whilst in Thailand. So far as when actual tourism occurs surely this will not be possible until at least 2012

we are in the century of the soi dog my friend, i am sure 2012 was just a typo :-), however if you do by any chance own a time machine do you think I could borrow it ? ????