The Butt of Sex Tourism Jokes in the West shifting to Africa and Away from Thailand?

Jingthing

OK, it's about women travelling for men, but I've noticed a trend.

In watching western media, the sex tourism cliche jokes about Thailand seem to be less common and sex tourism jokes about Africa are on the up.

Or I could be wrong.

Recent Saturday Night Live skit. Sorry the video is chopped off for some reason.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Japanese girls came to Thailand. I have seen this often on Phuket. I lived there for a while more than 20 years ago. Not sure if this is still the case. 

Edited by Oldie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, scammed said:

just remembered this ad for rosetta stone

Yeah. I remember that. But how many years ago? That's my point here really. I think that kind of humor about sex tourism in Thailand had been done to death so its passe and dated now.

10 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Not all that new.

Back in the 1970's white ladies mainly German and Scandinavian would holiday in Mombasa on the coast of Kenya just for some black sex. The Germans even had a word for it, can't remember the exact phrase but roughly translated to something like "Getting Black D**k"

Strangely the whiter the women the blacker they wanted their man. At that time this was all very strange to the local guys and there were no good time guys hanging around the  hotels, so the white girls had to make do with waiters, kitchen porter, cleaners and the like just to get a bit of black action. Some of those guys didn't know what had hit them.

Probably all changed now and sure there's lots of hunky young black guys with ailing buffalos hanging round the resorts these days.

I wasn't suggesting that its new. I do think widespread public awareness of the phenomenon is relatively new though.

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK, it's about women travelling for men, but I've noticed a trend.

It's been a well trend known for decades – especially Gambia – "women traveling for men" are also well know to visit Bali, and the Thai island Phangan, but also neighboring Samui; in my tiny village neighborhood numerous of the foreigners with a Thai partner are women...????

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, khunPer said:

It's been a well trend known for decades – especially Gambia – "women traveling for men" are also well know to visit Bali, and the Thai island Phangan, but also neighboring Samui; in my tiny village neighborhood numerous of the foreigners with a Thai partner are women...????

Yep, I was in The Gambia on business for a week back in 1979. Was based in Liberia at that time and was expecting similar night life action to the clubs in Gurley Street, Monrovia.

Nope, the only 'action' was for the mainly Scandi women of a certain age and their short term local boy friends. I was more than happy to get back to the  edgy delights of downtown Monrovia.:biggrin: 

• Like 1

I remember my flight to Cuba on Virgin Atlantic "Upper Class".  The bar steward mentioned that Cuba had the second best sex destination after Thailand.  I really had no idea.

There were ladies available to men, but I also saw many white ladies with local men.

Reverse sex tourism I hear.