PM insists he will not resign, saying he is not going to ‘abandon the country during crisis’

webfact

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha categorically stated in Parliament on Tuesday that he will not resign or “run away from problems during a crisis”.

A crises he and his chums largely created.

I guess he's not quite done restoring happiness to the people.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, people are protesting against him because he's not perfect. They should stop comparing turds and just accept that ultimately it will just be another turd who leads them. Better the turd you know, and all that. 

People want better. To keep reminding people that things have never been perfect is a slap in the face to people who simply want better.

Prayut resigning doesn't mean a return to the old days. It doesn't mean Thailand has to copy flawed Western democracies. It simply means they strive to be better. Democracy has never been allowed to happen here. That's not democracy's fault. That's the meddling elite stopping it.  

Younger people can see what's going on. They know it's a system rigged to favour the elite. And quite rightfully they want change. They don't hold themselves in such low regard as you hold them. 

Young people are part of Thailand but there are many many other voters out there.

I hope those young voters, and hopefully also some of the older voters, will establish their own party with honest politicians who want to work for all Thais and Thailand. Please not another billionaire.

Now they should establish their new party and show to the Thai people what they want and work out their plans. If they do it right then many, maybe even a majority, will vote for them in the next election.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

They can create any party they want. At the end of the day, won't mean anything if people like Prayut are still in power. He's a puppet put in place to serve the elite. Not the people.

Look at his official page. Look at the PPRP's official page. They're not even pretending anymore. They actually seem like they're now proud of it and want to stir up trouble. 

They need a party which represents them. Otherwise they will never be in charge.

Maybe it's still difficult with their own party. But without their own party it's impossibe.

Let's start somewhere, start with a party with honest politicians who work for Thailand.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

????

All very nice; but let's move away from your Utopialand into the real world. What chances the powerful will let the small man win? You need to start from a powerful position to get anywhere in Thailand.

Look at the current protests.

I don't think all of those people come from powerful positions. Many are students.

But protesting alone won't get them anywhere if there is nobody decent to vote for in the next election - whenever that will happen.

Just imagine Prayut would resign today and there would be a new election in two month. Who would people vote for? There is no "Students of Thailand" party.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

They can create any party they want. At the end of the day, won't mean anything if people like Prayut are still in power. He's a puppet put in place to serve the elite. Not the people.

Look at his official page. Look at the PPRP's official page. They're not even pretending anymore. They actually seem like they're now proud of it and want to stir up trouble. 

Seems there is a problem with their website...

https://www.pprp.or.th

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Look at the current protests.

I don't think all of those people come from powerful positions. Many are students.

But protesting alone won't get them anywhere if there is nobody decent to vote for in the next election - whenever that will happen.

Just imagine Prayut would resign today and there would be a new election in two month. Who would people vote for? There is no "Students of Thailand" party.

They wanted to vote for FFP.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

They had one. They were kicked out and are now facing prison.

This is why Prayut needs to be gone from politics now. The army and elite too. Then Thailand can start implementing fairer checks and balances for the future. 

Again, the protesters aren't asking for perfect. Perfect doesn't exist anywhere. They're asking for better. 

There was another billionaire who pretended he works for the people.

At the same time he worked with Thaksin.

At least for me that is not what I would call a political party with honest politicians.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, madmitch said:

With the senate, the courts, the military, the major families (including THE major Thai family), the election commission and just about everyone else of significance onside, not to forget control of the media, the current lot been able to cover things up much easier than Thaksin and his cronies could.

Yes personal immunity and personal amnesty will do wonders for the corrupt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well you gotta hand it to Prayut, at least he has a sense of humour.:cheesy:????????????

The comment made by him should have read...... I will not run away from problems i created.

you beat me to it....was starting to write when I realized we had the same idea, great minds think alike 555

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr mr said:

dude since the 06 coup the top percent of thailand have increased their wealth from 34 percent or so to over 69 percent total ownership of everything.

schools out steve 0.

He (Steven) doesn't like the truth nor the facts.... wait and he will find a way to divert your comment  555

• Like 1