Phuket big bike rider killed in collision

webfact

Phuket big bike rider killed in collision

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1604209413_1-org.jpg

Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: The driver of a big bike involved in a crash with a saloon car in Srisoonthorn early today (Nov 1) has lost his life, officials have confirmed.

Wirachai Khonsophon, 24, originally from Ranong collided with a saloon car near a u-turn on the southbound section of Thepkrasattri Rd, in Ban Lipon, Moo 8, Srisoonthorn in the early hours today.

Lt Phattarakorn Phongphiboon of the Thalang Police together with Thalang Hospital ambulance and Kusoldharm rescue workers rushed to the scene at 0:50am.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-big-bike-rider-killed-in-collision-77837.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-02

• Sad 3

Riding a bike big or small does expose you to many perils a car driver is shielded from, having said that, good driving and awareness skills of the road dynamics as to what are the cars  around doing put you in a better position to come back home safe every time...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Riding a bike big or small does expose you to many perils a car driver is shielded from, having said that, good driving and awareness skills of the road dynamics as to what are the cars  around doing put you in a better position to come back home safe every time...

75% of road deaths in Thailand are motorcyclists. Problem with bikes is it doesn't matter who is at fault, it is the bike driver who gets hurt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Can w e also have a "small  bike rider  killed"  daily announcement also to even it  up, you may have to  open up a subsection running to a few  pages  daily to  pander for the  replies and traffic you'll get,  but think of the income.

I think it will be interesting to know up country here how many underage children are involved in road fatalities every day. I see these children regularly, even on main roads.

I have heard of it happening, but never seen any reports about it, I wonder why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I think it will be interesting to know up country here how many underage children are involved in road fatalities every day. I see these children regularly, even on main roads.

I have heard of it happening, but never seen any reports about it, I wonder why.

Children injured or killed in road accidents don't make good headlines.... best to keep them in the monthly roundup and not have to read about it daily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Children injured or killed in road accidents don't make good headlines.... best to keep them in the monthly roundup and not have to read about it daily.

You have a point, but I think it is more to do with the authorities being too lazy to do anything about it, and being too ashamed to admit they just don't care.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

My amulet  looks  like this, works  pretty  well, I can't  vouch for others  amulets.

bm_3001.jpg

My son who is 16 always wears a helmet when he is on the scooter, as I used to when I was riding.

I have told him if I see him on the scooter without a helmet he loses the use of the scooter for a week. The second time he loses it for 2 weeks, the 3rd time he loses it for a month etc.

So far he hasn't got to #1 yet.

My Thai neighbours 15 year old daughter is like her Mum who rides without a helmet. Her Mum has already had a broken ankle and scars when she hit a dog but still rides without a helmet. 

You can't fix stupid.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

The bigger the bike the harder they fall.......im fine on my 20 yr old honda dream 100 cc....does the job needed

Im guessing he forgot to wear his amulet...as per thai logic 101

And why do you think it was the motorbikes fault? In my experience of many years riding the cars, pickups, mini buses, buses and trucks are deadly. Many times I've had them pull out as if I'm invisible accidental and even on purpose....

11 hours ago, Scot123 said:

And why do you think it was the motorbikes fault? In my experience of many years riding the cars, pickups, mini buses, buses and trucks are deadly. Many times I've had them pull out as if I'm invisible accidental and even on purpose....

Im saying the bigger the bike the harder they fall..on you in fact..like a harley exhaust laying on you leg..weight

I too have been hit multiple times on my mbike in LOS and Ive been riding since 18....no fault of my own either

23 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

The bigger the bike the harder they fall.......im fine on my 20 yr old honda dream 100 cc....does the job needed

Im guessing he forgot to wear his amulet...as per thai logic 101

Two road deaths in the news today and you make the same dumb wise@$$  ‘guess they / he forgot to wear his amulet’ comment.......

I’m going to have to start wearing an amulet if it improves my luck with not having to see any more of your moronic posts !!!! :coffee1:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Two road deaths in the news today and you make the same dumb wise@$$  ‘guess they / he forgot to wear his amulet’ comment.......

I’m going to have to start wearing an amulet if it improves my luck with not having to see any more of your moronic posts !!!! :coffee1:

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/man-survives-drive-by-shooting-and-crash-credits-his-buddhist-amulet