Sean Connery’s wife reveals late actor’s battle with dementia: “It was no life for him”

snoop1130

Sean Connery’s wife reveals late actor’s battle with dementia: “It was no life for him”

By Will Richards

GettyImages-56328364-696x442.jpg

Sean Connery and Micheline Roquebrune. Credit: Tom Maelsa/Getty Images

Sean Connery’s wife has revealed that the James Bond star battled with dementia before his death.

The 90-year-old Connery died overnight on Friday (October 30) in the Bahamas, his family confirmed yesterday.

Speaking to the Mail on Sunday, Connery’s wife, the 91-year-old French-Moroccan artist Micheline Roquebrune, revealed that Connery was battling dementia.

“It was no life for him,” she said. “It took its toll on him. He was not able to express himself latterly”. Roquebrune added that Connery then “got his final wish to slip away without any fuss.”

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/film/sean-connerys-wife-reveals-late-actors-battle-with-dementia-it-was-no-life-for-him-2806690

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

apart from his acting he seemed to be a very nice man from what I have seen of him on talk shows and interviews and as someone else said he got better with age although perhaps 90 is too old.

Lynsey De  Paul may disagree  with that

Edited by bodga

I wasn't a big fan of the Bond films, probably because I was too young to see them when they started in the early 60's, although of the 67 or so movies he has under his belt, I remember him in films like The Hunt for Red October 1990 and The Rock 1996, although I am sure I have seen him in various Bond movies as I grew up and others.

Classy actor RIP

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, bodga said:
1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

apart from his acting he seemed to be a very nice man from what I have seen of him on talk shows and interviews and as someone else said he got better with age although perhaps 90 is too old.

Lynsey De  Paul may disagree  with that

Who cares? She's deid 'n' aw.

Edited by NanLaew

On 11/3/2020 at 7:05 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I wasn't a big fan of the Bond films, probably because I was too young to see them when they started in the early 60's, although of the 67 or so movies he has under his belt, I remember him in films like The Hunt for Red October 1990 and The Rock 1996, although I am sure I have seen him in various Bond movies as I grew up and others.

Classy actor RIP

If you are not old enough to remember the first ones, they were a movie changing sensation. I reckon all subsequent action movies since owe something to the early Bonds films. They were as significant to action/ thrillers as the car chase scene in Bullitt  was to car chase scenes in movies afterwards.

The production values were terrible and the special effects laughable, IMO, but Connery made them into something special and memorable.

It says something that Connery's replacement was a smooth joker, as I'm sure they knew Connery was a once off.

Far as I'm concerned, Connery was Bond, and the later just pale shadows. Worst Bond IMO was Brosnan- far to PC to be authentic.

• Like 1