No Deal Brexit.....Is this what you really wanted all along?

WineOh

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems some people have to experience by themselves what they lose. And then maybe after a change of government someone will get the idea that being part of the EU wouldn't be a bad idea. Let's wait a few years.

I totally agree with this point. 

Just wait until the severity of what they have chosen finally sets in.

There will soon be a 'Let us back in' movement on the streets of London.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Let's have it then.

Is this the scenario you all really wanted from the off?

How about you lot?

Is this what you really wanted all along?

I suspect this isn't want the majority of "Brexiteers" wanted, but I suspect very few will admit that they got it wrong, it's not just Asians that are scared to "lose face".

There are no leavers and remainers anymore, we've left the EU now so we're all leavers by default, and those who voted to leave really need to accept the fact and to stop blaming those who had an apposing view when they don't get the promised land they were expecting.

I suspect we will reach a compromise, with those who voted to leave crying foul.

A couple of questions I would like to ask, what EU rules that our MEP's played a part in implementing don't we want and what exactly is an "Australian type deal". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Can't wait for the big day.

And what exactly do you think will happen on this big day of yours? 

will there be an immediate, undeniably positive change in every brits lives on the big day? Or will it just be the beginning of more uncertainty and paranoia.

im voting for the latter.

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I totally agree with this point. 

Just wait until the severity of what they have chosen finally sets in.

There will soon be a 'Let us back in' movement on the streets of London.

Hope they obey the covid rules then.

To be honest does it really affect Brits that are no longer part of the UK. ? Its like voting if you vote consider yourself Scottish Irish /welsh or English and have such high opinions about the UK then move back there and do something about it.

Stop bitching from the side lines.

If iBrexit happens and its a no deal then so be it we will just have to live with it and get on with it those of us that are in the UK i mean.

To many experts on these forums that have chosen not to live in the UK so let the real people of the UK get on with it.

• Like 1

There are some who believe that "the seven plagues" will hit the U.K..

Others a kind of " Leibnizian Optimism ", being that the U.K. will be the best of all countries.

I suppose there will be some kind of  " Juste Millieu " ( middle way ).

37 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I understand some people were uninformed when the voted in 2016.

Many, many people "can't be informed".....that's the problem.

Watch any of the random high street interviews with the general public.....OMG! They shouldn't be allowed out, never mind allowed a vote.

The vast majority voted on the basis of what they read in the Express and the Mail.....sad.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stretch5163 said:

Hope they obey the covid rules then.

To be honest does it really affect Brits that are no longer part of the UK. ? Its like voting if you vote consider yourself Scottish Irish /welsh or English and have such high opinions about the UK then move back there and do something about it.

Stop bitching from the side lines.

If iBrexit happens and its a no deal then so be it we will just have to live with it and get on with it those of us that are in the UK i mean.

To many experts on these forums that have chosen not to live in the UK so let the real people of the UK get on with it.

Of course it impacts people who no longer live in the UK both Financially (Weaker pound, poorer performance of investments etc...) & Personally (impact on family who do still live there, prospects for children etc...) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

And what exactly do you think will happen on this big day of yours? 

will there be an immediate, undeniably positive change in every brits lives on the big day? Or will it just be the beginning of more uncertainty and paranoia.

im voting for the latter.

The immediate effect:

Parties.

Flag waving.

Singing.

Dancing.

Long term effects:

Return to Commonweath trading.

Cheaper Chinese goods.

Boost for fishing industry.

Revamping sea-side towns.

Freedom from EU.