Prayut greeted by hopeful locals in tourism-starved Phuket

webfact

23 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Is this photo-op part of the strategy for getting tourists back? What is the strategy anyway?

Yesterday's TV article showcases the Great General's strategy:

PM promises to bring "new dimension and long lasting effects" to Phuket

and that's all folks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

He was there promising the people allsorts (Bertie Basset ) not involved.

Wonder how much/ what those people in the photos were promised to be in the photo?

No promises, 500 Baht cash for everyone who shows support for the PM and fake photos.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

Gen Khun Prayut Chan O Cha welcomed by thousands of supporters, let's see what he and his entourage can do to assist the hotels and tourism industry. But at the end of the day, it's #1 Lifting of quarantine completely,  #2 a safe vaccine is available,  they are what's needed .... 

But over here in rural Kamphaeng Phet from a few of the Thai people I talk to, whilst he is not hsted as such, he is definitely disliked.

Phuket, Pattaya etc are not the only provinces in Thailand yet they are the ones holding out a beggars bowl for more of the Thai taxpayers money.

Did these businesses not think about putting some of their profits from the good times for use in the bad times such as now?

My problem is that he is throwing taxpayers money down the drain trying to save a few places, while the rest of the country is also suffering and getting no help from the government at all.

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thousands upon thousands of supporters greeting Khun Prayut,  just goes to show that he is liked by millions of Thai's around the country, unbeknown to many TV bar stool judges ...   lol

504743900_khunprayut.1.PNG.48e907866ef5063e22f8500e2242a65f.PNG

From what I can gather he is disliked by many more millions who, due to HIS policies Have no job, no income and many have gone back to their rural families and become more mouths to feed on less income. As for this photo, I can't see the thousands who love him compared to many thousands of students I see at their protests.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Pretty much looks like I described last week. Taken to an area where people have been told to turn up and look happy and busy . Also note how narrow the street is , makes it a lot easier to make the place look busy if the street is only about 10ft wide ! Utter farce as usual !

as we can see ....  he has so many supporters

22 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Pretty much looks like I described last week. Taken to an area where people have been told to turn up and look happy and busy . Also note how narrow the street is , makes it a lot easier to make the place look busy if the street is only about 10ft wide ! Utter farce as usual !

The photos were taken in Thalang Road. As someone passing through regularly, I'd say it's about 8 m (25 ft) wide.

1 hour ago, Ganesh108 said:

The photos were taken in Thalang Road. As someone passing through regularly, I'd say it's about 8 m (25 ft) wide.

It was an example number ???? . But if you ignore whatever width it is and look at the first two pictures you will see it’s relatively dead for someone of such great stature  . After about a15ft radius from him hardly one person is looking in his direction so they aren’t really interested. Then second picture has about 8 minibuses going down the road and the roadsides still aren’t packed with the masses reported . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

It was an example number ???? . But if you ignore whatever width it is and look at the first two pictures you will see it’s relatively dead for someone of such great stature  . After about a15ft radius from him hardly one person is looking in his direction so they aren’t really interested. Then second picture has about 8 minibuses going down the road and the roadsides still aren’t packed with the masses reported . 

I know the restaurant he Prayuth ate in (right opposite where most of the photos were taken), and having talked to the owner I know the street was full of people. Who the people were is difficult to say. Even people living in Thalang Rd., if they were outside while Prayuth was there, couldn't get back to their homes, So I would guess many some residents stuck in Thalang Rd., others could have been local government officials carted in.

4 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

years a go i was chilling in my small local park in bangkok when i saw a bit of kerfuffle and security type guys in cheap black jackets milling around. the next minute PM Abhisit was casually walking past me, i could have touched him, spoken to him easily, very lax security, most of the thais were pretty much ignoring him. i was so tempted to say to him;  'howay the lads!' ????

• Like 2