Londoners hit the town one last time before new lockdown

webfact

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

So the people do not care obviously,,,,,,,,,what a joke the  people of the UK are making themselves.

I really thought that they had a more brains than the Americans,,,,,,,disapointing

It's extremely embarrassing and infuriating.  Especially from a country that has a proud history of coming together to defeat a common enemy.

A lot of incredibly selfish and short-sighted individuals that don't care about anyone other than themselves, or are simply too stupid to realise that they are not the only person who is at risk.

"I don't care if I get the coronavirus.  I don't see what the big deal is.  If you're going to get it, you're going to get it."  Great, but you're part of endangering vulnerable people and ruining the economy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

A mother being separated and unable to leave hospital with her newborn child

Separated?  Like they took the newborn baby away from her and would not let her access it?  Or they asked her to stay and the baby and mother were occasionally separated like any newborn and mother are?

If "videos" have "surfaced", why not link the videos?  Then people won't assume you're either lying or exaggerating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Separated?  Like they took the newborn baby away from her and would not let her access it?  Or they asked her to stay and the baby and mother were occasionally separated like any newborn and mother are?

If "videos" have "surfaced", why not link the videos?  Then people won't assume you're either lying or exaggerating.

Because of the frequency by which the report button is abused in order to stifle the many things MSM & the lefties won't touch.

LBC and talkradio have since covered the kidnapped granny.

HTH

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Because all too often they disappear along with the accompanying text which is why I rarely bother & didn't on this occasion.

So your mother and baby story doesn't come from a reputable source; what a surprise.

17 minutes ago, evadgib said:

LBC and talkradio have since covered the latter.

Bit late; as previously shown it was on Sky News this morning and in the local paper yesterday!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So your mother and baby story doesn't come from a reputable source; what a surprise.

Bit late; as previously shown it was on Sky News this morning and in the local paper yesterday!

In which case why haven't you told us about it?

(& I consider a first hand account from a distraught visitor to the hospital a reputable source 49, but knew full well the tar and feathers were poised as explained).

Edited by evadgib

In which case why haven't you told us about it?

Because by the time I'd seen it on Sky you'd already posted about it.

It also has nothing to do with this topic; I'd have posted it in  the one on the actual lockdown.

(& I consider a first hand account from a distraught visitor to the hospital a reputable source 49, but knew full well the tar and feathers were poised as explained)

I haver not made any attempt to "tar and feather" Ms Ashton, her mother nor her Grandmother. Neither has anyone else.

But I am not surprised that you have made such an accusation; par for the course from you.

22 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Because by the time I'd seen it on Sky you'd already posted about it.

It also has nothing to do with this topic; I'd have posted it in  the one on the actual lockdown.

I haver not made any attempt to "tar and feather" Ms Ashton, her mother nor her Grandmother. Neither has anyone else.

But I am not surprised that you have made such an accusation; par for the course from you.

Excellent twist; wrong end of the stick as usual but lets leave it there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

Are you referring to the people out working, making a living, and enjoying life, or the ones who would have all that grind to a halt by government edict?

I'm referring to the people who I'm obviously referring to in the entirety of the comment.

24 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm referring to the people who I'm obviously referring to in the entirety of the comment.

There was never any doubt who you were referring to.  Just whether you realize that there are 2 sides to most polarizing arguments like this one. 

Apparently not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

there are 2 sides to most polarizing arguments like this one

Not really.  You don't need to shut everything down.  Just follow basic measures like social distancing, wearing masks and regularly sanitising.  These basic measures are even being ignored, as we see constantly.

I'm sure you'll say that people need human contact and businesses need to open, but if people weren't so lazy that they couldn't even meet the basics, we wouldn't be going into another lock down now.

Unfortunately, it's pretty much a "if you can't play nicely, we'll have to take your toys away" situation.

Obviously the government has handled the outbreak terribly and their lack of action is to blame for many deaths, but the blood (and phlegm) of many innocent Brits are on the hands of the extremely selfish public as well.

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

It's extremely embarrassing and infuriating.  Especially from a country that has a proud history of coming together to defeat a common enemy.

A lot of incredibly selfish and short-sighted individuals that don't care about anyone other than themselves, or are simply too stupid to realise that they are not the only person who is at risk.

I don't get this either... The British history's not so recent, but Israelis have been subject to more or less constant existential danger too; if 'coming together' was going to work anywhere, one might have thought it would be there. But actually they also managed to fail to keep Covid under control (partly due to political reluctance to impose a timely second lockdown).

The logic (& even existence) of the concept of a 'common good' seems lost on many people in many places.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

People will be ordered to stay at home from 0001 GMT on Thursday to combat a surge in new infections that scientists say could, if unchecked, cause more deaths than a first wave that forced a three-month lockdown earlier this year.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a push back against the dictat there is. Seems to me that people have had a gutsful of government imposed imprisonment for all and are going to resist. Time will tell.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Not really.  You don't need to shut everything down.  Just follow basic measures like social distancing, wearing masks and regularly sanitising.  These basic measures are even being ignored, as we see constantly.

I'm sure you'll say that people need human contact and businesses need to open, but if people weren't so lazy that they couldn't even meet the basics, we wouldn't be going into another lock down now.

Unfortunately, it's pretty much a "if you can't play nicely, we'll have to take your toys away" situation.

Obviously the government has handled the outbreak terribly and their lack of action is to blame for many deaths, but the blood (and phlegm) of many innocent Brits are on the hands of the extremely selfish public as well.

It's statements like after the last comma that have caused some to resist. Some are not convinced, despite the rhetoric.

• Like 1

How can the British people believe anything that BJ says?

I posted a comment yesterday about Hospitals not being overwhelmed, & another comment about Matty Hancock giving yet more munny to a Tory linked company for Covid testing.

Additionally, I asked why the Covid deaths by age are not being revealed........

Then, I read this:

"A rapid coronavirus test at the heart of Boris Johnson’s mass-testing strategy missed more than 50% of positive cases ...."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/05/operation-moonshot-rapid-covid-test-missed-over-50-of-cases-in-pilot

• Like 1

21 hours ago, evadgib said:

Excellent twist; wrong end of the stick as usual

OK, looking back I see that you said "a first hand account from a distraught visitor to the hospital." So am I now to assume that you meant your mother and newborn baby separation claim?

21 hours ago, evadgib said:

but lets leave it there.

Of course; as usual you have no credible evidence with which to substantiate your claim!

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

OK, looking back I see that you said "a first hand account from a distraught visitor to the hospital." So am I now to assume that you meant your mother and newborn baby separation claim?

Of course; as usual you have no credible evidence with which to substantiate your claim!

- Assume whatever you like.

- Actually It's YOU (as always) that lacks whatever you're looking for & I for one will not be feeding you.

• Thanks 2