UK Overseas Customer passport Experience Survey

I got my new passport back this week I was annoyed to find out the start date of the new passport is not the expiry date of the old one like it used to be.

They sent me an email to do a survey, that I have just done and I made a point of saying it should be available online in Thailand

Just thought  I would post this link so you can tell them what you think about the service

<<<<Link to external survey removed>>>>

Edited by metisdead
23) External surveys seeking information from ThaiVisa members need the written consent by admin. Please contact support at https://forum.thaivisa.com/contact/
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, sometime said:

I got my new passport back this week I was annoyed to find out the start date of the new passport is not the expiry date of the old one like it used to be.

Was that ever the case?  As your old passport is cancelled as soon as you apply for a new one you would end up without a valid passport for potentially years depending how much validity you had left on the old one.  The only change afaik with the validity dates is they no longer add on any time over 10 years when renewing early.

Good that HMPO are at least paying lip service to the need to obtain feedback from their punters - although it would, of course, be unwise to assume that this will necessarily result in any changing of ways on their part. Even so, I thought that this was too good an opportunity to pass up to let them know of my negative views about the whole passport renewal process in our case - in doing which I reiterated your particular point about the need for the use of the online facility to be permitted from Thailand.

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Seeing as my son's passport application was received in Liverpool by HMPO on 4 September, but I only received the email to collect it from VFS yesterday (there was an "issue"), I have had great pleasure in completing their questionnaire!

....may take up to 8 weeks.....

24 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Seeing as my son's passport application was received in Liverpool by HMPO on 4 September, but I only received the email to collect it from VFS yesterday (there was an "issue"), I have had great pleasure in completing their questionnaire!

How long did they promise you it would take?

From gov.uk website...

"It is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19)".

Edited by Legendary Monkey
16 minutes ago, Old Dissenter said:

My passport renewal was smooth but I made sure  I knew what  all the requirements were before hand. My countersigner gave me a signed colour photocopy of his passport page which helped a lot.

It didn't "help a lot", it is a requirement.  Without it you wouldn't have qualified for the new passport.

"The countersignatory must:

have known you personally for at least 2 years (for example, a friend, neighbour or colleague, and not someone who is related to you or only knows you professionally) be a professional person (please see occupations for countersignatories on page

14)hold a British, Irish, EU, US or Commonwealth passport which has not run out

send us a colour photocopy of their passport details page"

Edited by Legendary Monkey
12 minutes ago, Legendary Monkey said:

It didn't "help a lot", it is a requirement.  Without it you wouldn't have qualified for the new passport.

Sorry but that’s not correct, a person countersigning an application for a new passport is only asked to provide their passport number, a copy of their passport isn’t required. 

18 minutes ago, Legendary Monkey said:

"The countersignatory must:

have known you personally for at least 2 years (for example, a friend, neighbour or colleague, and not someone who is related to you or only knows you professionally) be a professional person (please see occupations for countersignatories on page

14)hold a British, Irish, EU, US or Commonwealth passport which has not run out

send us a colour photocopy of their passport details page"

If the countersignatory has a UK passport, there is no requirement to send a copy of their passport ID page.

3 hours ago, sometime said:

They sent me an email to do a survey, that I have just done and I made a point of saying it should be available online in Thailand

Just thought  I would post this link so you can tell them what you think about the service

Overseas Customer Experience Survey

Yeah I lost only 3 months renewing UK passport this year because of C19 but wasn't gonna send it back got in just in time to do my 1 year extension.

1 hour ago, Old Dissenter said:

My passport renewal was smooth but I made sure  I knew what  all the requirements were before hand. My countersigner gave me a signed colour photocopy of his passport page which helped a lot.

You don't a countersignature anymore if you read the application properly. 

• Like 1

If you’re applying outside the UK

Your countersignatory must have a current British, Irish or other EU, US or Commonwealth passport.

If they have a US, Commonwealth, or non-British or non-Irish EU passport, you must include with your application a colour photocopy of the page with their photograph on it.

Your application will be processed faster if they have a British or Irish passport.

15 minutes ago, Legendary Monkey said:

Not according to the directions on the passport application.

What the countersignatory must do with your form

After you’ve filled in the form, your countersignatory must check the details are correct and sign it.

By signing it they are confirming that:

* they’ve known you for more than 2 years

*you’re who you claim to be

*as far as they know, all the information you’ve put on the form is true

Your countersignatory must put their passport number on the form. 

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

The passport copy is only for countersignatories who do not hold UK or non Irish EU Passports

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You don't a countersignature anymore if you read the application properly. 

That would be the case for most people. I didn't bother to get a countersignature when I applied at the back end of last year. My 75-year-old face, albeit with a bit of beard, was still easily recognisable as the same miserable git as 10 years earlier.

• Haha 1
On 11/5/2020 at 1:41 PM, sometime said:

Up to nine months unused validity on your old passport used to be added when renewing a passport, but that option ceased, with all new applications, after 10th September 2018. 

After that date the new passport renewal date starts on your application date, runs for exactly ten years, and you now 'lose' the unexpired portion left on your old passport. 

Up to nine months unused validity on your old passport used to be added when renewing a passport, but that option ceased, with all new applications, after 10th September 2018. 

After that date the new passport renewal date starts on your application date, runs for exactly ten years, and you now 'lose' the unexpired portion left on your old passport.