Are Robinson's Guarantees Worth The Paper...

RDN

No, the story is not real. 

Ohhhhhhh! Wish you hadn't told us that - the soap story is priceless and I really wanted to believe it.......... :D

I'll add my 2-satangsworth of TIT anecdote. Went to an electrical shop to buy some small underwater light units and cable. Very helpful (and seemingly knowledgeable) assistant sold us the units, the (expensive) miniature bulbs and lengths of cable. "Ah, you want plugs?". Sure we do - so she very kindly connects cables to plugs. We get back and try plugging one in - not underwater. BANG! Light comes on in my head just as the bulb is exploding; of course, these are 12v bulbs and need a transformer :D After I cooled down, instinct told me - forget that shop and find another........who were quite clear that these units are no good underwater, anyhow ("Yes, we have many customer come here with same problem"). :o

I would not waste so much of my time and spit on a kettle... I'd toss it in the bin and get a new one. Although, with more expensive item like a (TV, etc.) , I would bother to get it repaired or replaced.

Same as me, i burned out 2 kettles in about 4 weeks, kept reboiling unless you switched it off. so binned them Now when i want a cup of coffee i pop it in the microwave for 1.5 mintes :D

l waited about 6 monthes to get a JVC dvd player repaired, ( spare part not come !)

new labtop from pantip (had to sent sinaprore ? for repairs , 1 month +, plus further repairs which i found out could be done in chonburi :D

Had a 3 disk cd changer hifi which kept jamming, repaired in pattaya at least 3 times before i offloaded it to my wifes familly.(and then bought above JVC player)

Bought second hand bike from a 'big shop' 3 days later had to pay 1500 baht worth of repairs as it sounded like the crank was about to implode (gnashing of cogs)

Other similar cases

renting a car, someguy put a tiny dent on the back bumper, i told him 'forget it, as the bumper was already scratched and dented in about 10 places' Had to pay 1000 baht when I returned the car. :D

Payed 15,000 to get the garden done, had to do about 50 % work again myself :D

Getting a house built and furnished deserves another thread :o

Same as me, i burned out 2 kettles in about 4 weeks, kept reboiling unless you switched it off. so binned them Now when i want a cup of coffee i pop it in the microwave for 1.5 mintes 

l waited about 6 monthes to get a JVC dvd player repaired, ( spare part not come !)

new labtop from pantip (had to sent sinaprore ? for repairs , 1 month +, plus further repairs which i found out could be done in chonburi 

Had a 3 disk cd changer hifi which kept jamming, repaired in pattaya at least 3 times before i offloaded it to my wifes familly.(and then bought above JVC player)

Bought second hand bike from a 'big shop' 3 days later had to pay 1500 baht worth of repairs as it sounded like the crank was about to implode (gnashing of cogs)

Other similar cases

renting a car, someguy put a tiny dent on the back bumper, i told him 'forget it, as the bumper was already scratched and dented in about 10 places' Had to pay 1000 baht when I returned the car. 

Payed 15,000 to get the garden done, had to do about 50 % work again myself 

Getting a house built and furnished deserves another thread

Is your nickname Lucky?

... l waited about 6 monthes to get a JVC dvd player repaired, ( spare part not come !)....

I took my Pioneer DVD player to a shop in Kata, Phuket to be fixed - it didn't power up or run - at about 5pm one day. They called me at 8pm to say it was ready to pick up :D .

The bottled gas ran out at about 9pm one night. The g/f called the gas guy in his shop about 1 km away - he turned up 10 minutes later with a new bottle.

I get my pick-up washed at at a small garage/car wash just down the road a bit. 4 or 5 pairs of hands completely clean the inside, outside, truck bed, wheels, radiator grille, wheels, tyres, roof rack... everything! They clean the dash board, hoover the carpets and wash the rubber mats. It comes back like it's just come from the showroom. All for 100 baht. I usually give him a tip, but sometimes he'll take the 100 baht and leave the 20 baht in my hand.

I like small businesses - they know how to keep their customers coming back. :o