Climate activist Thunberg hits back at Trump over anger management taunt

snoop1130

6 hours ago, transam said:

Who wants to go back and live in a cave, as this teen seems wants us to....?

Another who has no idea. She doesnt want that at all. She wants what we alll enjoy but it being sustainable and climate friendly to do it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, transam said:

If folk really care about the environment then they should turn off the heating and A/C, ride bikes and stop buying stuff wrapped in way too much plastic to make it look nice for starters.

Then they can complain about the unemployment knock-on......????

Whats wrong in saying the ac and heating, cars, planes, asking for recycled paper.

You are against progress that can be done whilst lessening the impact on the planet.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 6:18 PM, snoop1130 said:

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg hit back at Donald Trump on Twitter late on Thursday saying the U.S. president should "chill" about the election, a riposte to his tweet last year mocking the teenager over what he called her anger management issues.

Worry about Sweden sunshine, you're not an American. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FarangULong said:

Yes, that's why she travelled on a carbon yacht, regularly flies on planes, etc. She didn't own <deleted>, whoever handles her Social Media accounts did a mildly amusing "no you". But I guess simple things for simple people...

Yes, because people dont have the choice. She asks for corporations to find a way to travel without a large climate change footprint. Until then thats the way we need to travel.

Are you against corporations trying to find a way to travel like we do but with less of a carbon footprint? Or would you prefer to hear her message via a 2 cans and a piece of string or an ancient cave painting.

Your reasoning is odd.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 1:18 PM, snoop1130 said:

Thunberg responded at the time by updating her Twitter biography to include: "A teenager working on her anger management problem. Currently chilling and watching a good old-fashioned movie with a friend."

Greta 1 - Trump 0

• Like 2

8 hours ago, transam said:

If folk really care about the environment then they should turn off the heating and A/C, ride bikes and stop buying stuff wrapped in way too much plastic to make it look nice for starters.

Then they can complain about the unemployment knock-on......????

You should have been the environment minister under Trump. The same level.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You may be right. The analysis is based on traits observed by others in their time, and may be inaccurate.

Having said that, I would like to see how anyone could argue Trump is NOT a high-functioning sociopath.

You have hit the nail on the head. Other names for Sociopathy = Dissocial personality disorder (DPD),  explained by Wiki:

Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD or APD) is a personality disorder characterized by a long-term pattern of disregard for, or violation of, the rights of others. A low moral sense or conscience is often apparent, as well as a history of crime, legal problems, or impulsive and aggressive behavior.

14 hours ago, Sujo said:

Whats wrong in saying the ac and heating, cars, planes, asking for recycled paper.

You are against progress that can be done whilst lessening the impact on the planet.

Su, are you saying my few suggestions are wrong...?

41 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't think this English chap would be excepted for the job, chum....???? 

No worries, just move there. Natural born USA citizen is not required to be accepted for that job.

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Respect is something that has to be earned, not something that can be demanded as a matter of course.

I respected many of my teachers , one I despised as a closet pedophile. Are you saying I should have respected that person because I was a child?

If you are a climate denialist, just say so, and stop beating around the bush.

No problem with the climate thing.  Like most I don't know enough about it.  I just have a problem with truculent children but then again I am not a millenial.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, tyga said:

this entitled label is mostly used when people want something in a selfish way. I wouldn't describe her calls for a healthy future for mankind and the planet 'entitled'

Just wait for a while.  You will see it in the end.  I have seen so many people climb onto so many bandwagons in the past.  She is just one more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, placeholder said:

Notice how car720 characterized Thunberg "as just another loud mouth, entitled female". He didn't use "person" or "teenager' or "kid". To car720 the salient point was that she is "female". I think somebody has a problem with women.

Succinctly put.  I don't know if I am a misogynist though as I have always looked at myself as more of a misanthrope.  :cheesy:

• Haha 2

On 11/7/2020 at 11:11 AM, whaleboneman said:

I would be proud if she were my daughter.

I already have a hateful Brit daughter ..... not proud of her at all.

I prefer people who smile and try to be nice, my Thai daughter is always happy and smiling, now her I'm proud of.

I just don't understand how anyone could 'be proud' of someone that spends their life being hateful, be nice, be happy.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I already have a hateful Brit daughter ..... not proud of her at all.

I prefer people who smile and try to be nice, my Thai daughter is always happy and smiling, now her I'm proud of.

I just don't understand how anyone could 'be proud' of someone that spends their life being hateful, be nice, be happy.

Are you the same party who wrote the previous post or did someone hack into your account? Look up the meaning of irony.