60 Day Covid Extensions in Bangkok??

I am just wondering if anyone has successfully applied for a 60 day covid extension in Bangkok without an embassy letter? CW or MTT. I had heard some stuff a while ago about Bangkok still asking for an embassy letter for the new covid 60 day extensions but I haven't heard of anyone successfully applying there without one. Thanks 

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have already been reports of people getting the 60 day extension at MTT without needing a embassy letter. The only thing required was the completed affidavit stating the reason you need the extension.

See this topic. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1189135-muang-thong-thani-extension-60-days-counter-k/

Thanks ubonjoe!

I entered on VE, I applied for an extension back in september and am stamped until nov 30th. 

Does this 60 day extension possibility apply to me? (UK passport).

Would be great to stay until end of Jan.

If it does apply, will the extension of 60 days run from when I apply, or when my visa expires?

Currently in CM, but will probably head back to BKK before the 30th.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Adam219 said:

Does this 60 day extension possibility apply to me? (UK passport

Yes it does.

1 hour ago, Adam219 said:

If it does apply, will the extension of 60 days run from when I apply, or when my visa expires?

The 60 days will start from when your current permit to stay (it is not a visa) ends. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, ubonjoe said:

There have already been reports of people getting the 60 day extension at MTT without needing a embassy letter. The only thing required was the completed affidavit stating the reason you need the extension.

See this topic. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1189135-muang-thong-thani-extension-60-days-counter-k/

I read the article and there is no mention of if an embassy letter was used. I wish there was at least 1 account of someone confirming no embassy letter was required. Seems everyone is just assuming based on the extension form. But in reality they are still turning people away for the 60 day extension if you don't have an embassy letter in Bangkok as recently as yesterday. Hopefully someone eventually confirms they got a 60 day extension in BKK without an embassy letter. Right now we only have assumptions unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Salami Sam said:

I read the article and there is no mention of if an embassy letter was used. I wish there was at least 1 account of someone confirming no embassy letter was required. Seems everyone is just assuming based on the extension form. But in reality they are still turning people away for the 60 day extension if you don't have an embassy letter in Bangkok as recently as yesterday. Hopefully someone eventually confirms they got a 60 day extension in BKK without an embassy letter. Right now we only have assumptions unfortunately. 

Can you point to a report of 60 day extension refused at MTT?

There have been many reports re opposite experience. Sign the affidavit no embassy letter. In fact which embassies are currently issuing letter?

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you point to a report of 60 day extension refused at MTT?

There have been many reports re opposite experience. Sign the affidavit no embassy letter. In fact which embassies are currently issuing letter?

Yes a girl from the Philippines today posted in the thai visa advice group on Facebook. Can you point to a case of a 60 day extension being accepted at MTT without an embassy letter? I only see people speculating without any actual cases.

Screenshot_20201110-153042_Facebook.jpg

37 minutes ago, Salami Sam said:

Returned from CW today and applied for 60 day extension and successfully received an under consideration stamp which (upon return to CW in 2 weeks)  should extend my stay 60 days from November 30th. I have been on amnesty since April with a Non-B work visa (no work permit) and previously had extended to November 30th using the US Embassy letter.   The US embassy is no longer providing letters and their website says a letter is not needed as shown here https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/