Koh Samui: Eight foreigners ripped off by Thai woman over visas/work permit go to the police

webfact

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

Speaking for myself i have never ever heard anything good about Thai lawyers.

Speaking for myself I have good experience with Thai lawyers, and especially when setting up a company, which is the subject here...????

"If she does not respond to a second summons they will consider going to the court for a warrant for her arrest".

What's to consider? Going by "Joy's" past record it looks like she's made a quite a bit of money out of scamming people - oh I forgot, she's been scamming "foreigners" - world of difference! 

7 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

It is now totally clear that they do no longer require any dress code in niether police stations nor immigration offices.

As I look at the picture, it makes me think that the man might come directly from his ballet class.

you mean the Policeman without a  mask right!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TomnearCentral said:

Thai culture is one thing, but on the other hand I would also assume that he would not even turn up like that at a government office in his home country! I simply to do not understand these kind of people.......

Can you imagine someone doing that in Singapore or Malaysia? Just a refection of the kind of people that Thailand attracts and neighbouring countries do not. It's a haven for people who don't want to try too hard.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

Paying a 100.000baht at forehand ?? Not even seeing proper paperwork yet and at an agent ?? I agree for about 80% that he should wear some better clothes going there , but also knowing how farangs are being treated at most of those places i am not finding it strange as long as your polite and well mannered . I DO wear normal clothes when going there but that's my choice .

3 hours ago, thaisabai said:

looking at the second picture, the farang with red trousers and sleeveless shirt and tattoos all over - you should be ashamed to present yourself to police like this !

thaisabai 

tis likely that's how he normally presents himself to police......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

tis likely that's how he normally presents himself to police......

Another dumb comment.... You think he ‘normally presents himself to the Police’.....   as if visiting a police station is a regular occurrence .

I’ve been inside a police station twice in 20 years....... the first time after a car accident (I can’t remember what I was wearing, but I didn’t have an option to chose ‘clothes to present myself to the police’.

The second was when a friend (Thai Police) was dealing with a case at the station and asked me to come over to translate a document for him - I was out and nearby and certainly didn’t go home to chose something appropriate. 

IF / When you visit a Police station (i.e. been robbed, attacked or anything else) do you think you’ll go home to ‘wear something to present yourself to the police’ or will you simply go to the police station and file a report ?

The guy in the red ‘popped into’ the Police station after work (100m away)... Its a Police station not a court of law !!

Some of the comments on this subject are so ‘out there’ with the ‘gone native’ mentality and must be pi44ing their pants all the time that someone thinks they are disrespectful or not dressed appropriately when they show a knee, some toes or forget to wear a collared shirt !!!

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Another dumb comment.... You think he ‘normally presents himself to the Police’.....   as if visiting a police station is a regular occurrence .

I’ve been inside a police station twice in 20 years....... the first time after a car accident (I can’t remember what I was wearing, but I didn’t have an option to chose ‘clothes to present myself to the police’.

The second was when a friend (Thai Police) was dealing with a case at the station and asked me to come over to translate a document for him - I was out and nearby and certainly didn’t go home to chose something appropriate. 

IF / When you visit a Police station (i.e. been robbed, attacked or anything else) do you think you’ll go home to ‘wear something to present yourself to the police’ or will you simply go to the police station and file a report ?

The guy in the red ‘popped into’ the Police station after work (100m away)... Its a Police station not a court of law !!

Some of the comments on this subject are so ‘out there’ with the ‘gone native’ mentality and must be pi44ing their pants all the time that someone thinks they are disrespectful or not dressed appropriately when they show a knee, some toes or forget to wear a collared shirt !!!

you're right..........i should have been more clearly..............assume he's usually dressed that way when picked up by the police.    from the fashion choice, prolly not such a rare occurrence.

Edited by ChouDoufu

27 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I've read your other comments Richard, what about the other 2 guys with the 'wife beaters' on, have they just come from the gym to? do you have an explanation for them as to why they went to the police station dressed like this.

You should know that going to any government office in long pants and t-shirt is the preferred way to go, yes or no?

As for the people without masks, simply shocking - a crime in itself !! 

Only one guy with a Vest on - firestar (poster) makes the comments on page two of this thread (no numbering on comments anymore). He seems to know the guy in red and commented that he owns the Gym 100m from the Police station and headed there straight from work (and that he [the guy in the red vest] is a super nice guy and usually dresses well, but he was going from work - the gym). 

This is a Police Station on a very relaxed tourist island, its not a Courthouse or judiciary building or Immigration office in the Capital. 

People are being utterly ridiculous casting judgement on this guy because he is in a police station with a vest - its not really such a big deal at all. Some people are so scared of their shadows when trying to fit in with all the impossible social rules they’ve over exaggerated on. 

-----

Whenever I go to Immigration, Yes, I wear trousers and a polo-shirt.

When I’ve been in a Police Station in the past (twice) I certainly didn’t have time or chose to go home and ‘dress appropriately’... (once after an accident and once doing a friend a favour). 

I don’t think ’trousers and shirt’ is expected attire in a Police station, given the nature of their job and that things ‘happen at random’ no one has time to dress appropriately and are not expected too. 

It seems that some of this thread have forgotten their common sense when passing judgement. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Only one guy with a Vest on - firestar (poster) makes the comments on page two of this thread (no numbering on comments anymore). He seems to know the guy in red and commented that he owns the Gym 100m from the Police station and headed there straight from work (and that he [the guy in the red vest] is a super nice guy and usually dresses well, but he was going from work - the gym). 

This is a Police Station on a very relaxed tourist island, its not a Courthouse or judiciary building or Immigration office in the Capital. 

People are being utterly ridiculous casting judgement on this guy because he is in a police station with a vest - its not really such a big deal at all. Some people are so scared of their shadows when trying to fit in with all the impossible social rules they’ve over exaggerated on. 

-----

When I’ve been in a Police Station in the past (twice) I certainly didn’t have time or chose to go home and ‘dress appropriately’... (once after an accident and once doing a friend a favour). 

I don’t think ’trousers and shirt’ is expected attire in a Police station, given the nature of their job and that things ‘happen at random’ no one has time to dress appropriately and are not expected too. 

It seems that some of this thread have forgotten their common sense when passing judgement. 

3 guys with vests on ( unless i cannot count )

Vest #1 - furthest left

Vest #2 - red lycra pants and red vest ( lovely chap just come from gym )

Vest #3 - above IO's head.

Many years ago on a similarly relaxed tourist island ( before farangs were hated as much ) i was asked to leave a police station for being dressed like this.

I also find people that wear these vests in restaraunts disgusting from a hygienic POV.

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

-----

Are you in the retail clothing market ?

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Whats respect got to do with it? 

You think if they dressed properly they would not have been ripped off by the Thai lady ????

I think if they had dressed a bit more appropriately they might have been treated differently by the Police i.e.:-

" ............consider going to the court for a warrant for her arrest."

Edited by sambum

22 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

3 guys with vests on ( unless i cannot count )

Vest #1 - furthest left

Vest #3 - above IO's head.

Many years ago on a similarly relaxed tourist island ( before farangs were hated as much ) i was asked to leave a police station for being dressed like this.

I also find people that wear these vests in restaraunts disgusting from a hygienic POV.

Vest #1 - furthest left - Is that not a woman ????

Vest #3 - above IO's head  - thought it was woman, looks like it could well be a fella with moobs and a necklace ????

Regardless...  If we’re going full on ‘Clothing Nazi’ the women should have their shoulders covered !!... So female or male the the point is some posters believe they should be better dressed to respect the ‘respectability’ of the Police Institution - which itself is highly laughable. 

When doing the indoor tests at a DLT a couple of years ago I was asked to leave and put some trousers on by the lady leading the examinations. I replied that I’m happy to (I had some in the car). I then asked about the Thai’s who were also wearing shorts !!!! - they lady told me not to worry about it, it didn’t really matter and that I was ok in knee length shorts (and a polo shirt) !!! - I nipped out and put on the trousers and returned with a smile !!! - she (the lady leading the tests) wouldn’t look me in the eye after that !!! 

The point I make above is that some make a big deal out of it when its really not a big deal - some people are sanctimonious and sometimes its definitely impolite to wear shorts and a vest. 

In a police station is just not a big deal.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TomnearCentral said:

Thai culture is one thing, but on the other hand I would also assume that he would not even turn up like that at a government office in his home country! I simply to do not understand these kind of people.......

Trailer Trash

• Like 1