Cofee Maker In Pattaya

Wellyoudidask

I just bought a filter coffee machine from Home World next to Big C Sukhumvit, makes a pot of up to about 10 cups.

The lady told me it was 2000 baht with a free Electrolux toaster.

I then noticed they were for sale for 1500 baht without a free toaster, but I still went for the free toaster gig :o

I had noticed the same Electrolux coffee machine for sale in Carrefor at 1300 baht but couldn't be bothered to go all the way back, and anyway, they never offered a "free" toaster :D

I just bought a filter coffee machine from Home World next to Big C Sukhumvit, makes a pot of up to about 10 cups.

I then noticed they were for sale for 1500 baht without a free toaster, but I still went for the free toaster gig :o

I had noticed the same Electrolux coffee machine for sale in Carrefor at 1300 baht but couldn't be bothered to go all the way back, and anyway, they never offered a "free" toaster :D

what have happened to you kurgen, I thought you only drank Tiger beer :D

Try the Power Buy store in the TukCom IT center (South Pattaya road). Not sure if they have the smaller types of drip coffee makers, but they have the larger (10-12 cup) types.

I saw some "expresso" type coffee makers in the Friendship store (South Pattaya road as well), how ever they seemed a little expensive.

I use a 12 cup coffee maker here in the 'stan, but when I only want 2-3 cups of coffee, I just use less coffee and water. I like the big machine for heating water as well (i.e. to make soup, noodles or tea with). Just plug in a new filter, fill 'er with water and let it go.

Had mine for 2 years now makes great coffee when I can get her to wake up and get out of bed early enough.

Beat me to it - but the maid does ours - and offers an alternative of tea.

JR Texas: Ummmmmmmmmm old JR Texas LOVES coffee. Do you know Au Bon Pair? Of course you do....it is in Royal Garden Mall. Walk out of the Royal Garden Mall on the side that Au Bon Pair is located (2nd Rd) and cross the street. Turn right........walk until you see a store with virtually every cooking object in it, including many types of coffee makers and grinders. That is where I would buy one...........

Can anyone help please, we need a coffee machine for personal use, two cup type or so, any ideas? thanks

if you are only making 2-3 cups, buy one of those 'french press' type coffee makers where you put in the grounds, add boiling water and after a few minutes, push the plunger to filter the brew. i have seen them for either 580 or 850 baht in Foodland. i use one offshore if the contractors only have instant coffee. all you need is your favorite coffee grounds and a kettle.

Finding a coffeemaker is not that difficult. I recently needed a new one and here is what I found: Big C has a small one, perfect for your needs, for about 400 baht. BUT, a better value is found in Chonburi at Makro Stores. Just 400 baht, but much larger and better engineered. It may not be so easy for you to get to Chonburi, but the value is worth it....

• 1 month later...

The best deal on a good quality espresso type machine is the Electrolux for 7,990, at Carrefour... also saw the same thing at Central Chit Lom in Bangkok... it's a good brand, all metal, has the foam/steamer, and the top part has a heater, which heats the ceramic cups/mugs you put on top. Nothing else of that quality anywhere near that price.

Starbucks sells one of inferior quality, for TWICE the price, mostly made of plastic. Call me a cynic, but I think Starbucks sells them ONLY because while in the store, customers can see how expensive their own machine might cost, they they are happy to pay Starbucks outrageous prices for coffee in their outlets. I don't think Starbucks seriously thinks anyone would buy their overpriced machine.

Edited by Weho

Can anyone help please, we need a coffee machine for personal use, two cup type or so, any ideas? thanks

On Second Rd roughly opposite Pattaya Land Soi there is a shopful of them......

For good Coffee go to Friendship on South Pattaya Rd.

Invite me round for a cup sometime......

For only 2 cups I would second the suggestion for a French press. For more cups I would suggest a bigger French press. No paper filter taste and a superior coffee making method.

Another, but more expensive, option is the Mokka pot which uses steam pressure to make a pressure extracted coffee, not enough pressure for a true espresso, but very good.

Also be wary of inexpensive "espresso" machines. They often use a design called thermo block which makes an inferior cup. Also high pressure is needed for proper extraction and temperature control is critical. If an espresso machine has a device in the group to "make crema" they are admitting that the machine is crap and incapable of making a proper espresso.

from one who takes his coffee very seriously

kdf

Toast and coffee? ideal