Korean soldier tests positive for Covid-19 on return from Thailand

webfact

16 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Considering this is now the third known case of in-country transmission, I think it's safe to say the virus is rapidly spreading.

Third case in a country of +70.000.000 people.  Over which period?

>> I think it's safe to say the virus is rapidly spreading.

??????????

• Like 2

18 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Comon ppl. Covid is rampant. Thai gov is lying and makig it near impossible for tourists to visit to keep it hush hush. My whole family wad a sick as hell recently. Same symptoms and thought we were going to die but pulled through. Never tested. Who knows!?!?

Why didn't you get a test?  Or would that upset some people in higher positions?

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oops, another one escaped with the dreaded non Thai Covid virus.  He must have got it from a dirty foreign soldier, could never have gotten it in Thailand.  Oh wait, yep those that are asymptomatic do walk amongst us, and for those who want to add "Well then where are the dead bodies", there are none.

The Media Myth must be maintained for control purposes, its a flu virus 

Govt Calm Down Lets carry on living

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Of course no one knows, but if they tested randomly we would know, now how is that for you.  Am I sarcastic enough.  The Thai Government wants people to believe that there are very few if not any cases in Thailand, yet all around the world and all around the borders with Thailand there are cases everywhere and not just a few, unless the numbers are being distorted.  It is called common sense.

The sense you mention is quite common but that does NOT make it true! Random testing depends on how many people and their locations. Given that those who turn out to be negative (a lot more than 99%) in this country with such an idea, the chances of finding anyone who is infected or even asymptomatic is very unlikely and for all I know, that maybe the reason random testing is not done.

You don't know from evidence what the Thai government wants: it is your opinion, not a fact!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I do not think quarantine standards in the hotels are as strict as they say. You may not "mingle" as such but the use of facilities such as gym and pool area risk cross infection from other in quarantine who may not have tested positive so far. My guess .... caught in quarantine, the focal point of most infections.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, they will try and use the same logic they did with the Indian man and insist he caught it in his own country and carried it around with him the entire time.  These Thai health authorities just do not want to admit it is in the country.  Why are they so scared, will it make them loose FACE.

Where was the 14day quarantine for all these people from different countries?

19 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Considering this is now the third known case of in-country transmission, I think it's safe to say the virus is rapidly spreading. New lockdowns coming?? I'm hoping to return to Thailand in a couple of months but may have second thoughts if there are months of restrictions coming ahead.

Three?

Yeah that's rapid...........

Rapid is the American rate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gaynorch1 said:

My friend was tested in her home country before she left. Then tested twice in quarantine, then got sick when she arrived a few days later here in Suratthani.  

They tested the quarantine hotel she stayed in in Bangkok and found traces of the virus in the gym (she actually didn’t go in the gym).

So she got it from the hotel somehow. 

As this Korean man may also have done. Hopefully  they will inspect the hotel he was at along with everyplace he went after getting out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, justaphase said:

It's everywhere and will continue to be until its killed all the fat, unhealthy people everywhere

#allworkingoutnicely

C19 is the cure for obesity and other self inflicted ailments.  Humans had their chance to not abuse their bodies and now nature is sorting out the weak from the strong.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

My partner and I were both ill with symptoms like Covid. We had a fever, aching muscles, sore throat, and felt weak and tired. Thought we were getting a bad cold, but never got any congestion or runny nose etc.  

We have not been out of Thailand for over a year so could not have got it from anywhere but inside Thailand. 

We did not go for testing for the reasons you mention above. We did not want to be locked up and pay out lots of money. Also we would have to find someone to take care of our farm and dogs...which would be difficult too.

As we never got tested we can't say for sure what it was, but I have never been ill with symptoms like that my entire life before. 

We know many Thai friends who also had similar symptoms...they did not get tested because they could not afford to be out of work, or leave their families. 

You did absolutely the right thing.

You have to avoid the govt panicking and it costing you a lot more than a couple of weeks of feeling lousy.

Edited by Migrosmarket
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Considering this is now the third known case of in-country transmission, I think it's safe to say the virus is rapidly spreading. New lockdowns coming?? I'm hoping to return to Thailand in a couple of months but may have second thoughts if there are months of restrictions coming ahead.

Nonsense. 

42 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Same with my wife with a body temperature of 39 degree centigrade (70.2 F) she went to a hospital in Issan ... no test for COVID-19, I could not believe it! 

It's how you keep the figures low. Don't test anyone. 

Everyone know the figures are sham. The problem is there is no way of knowing the reality of the danger COVID presents to the people who live here. 

It is safe to assume there is a second wave underway in Thailand same as the rest of the world, but to what extent and how many are infected is impossible to judge if even people showing obvious symptoms are never tested. Also because the truth of the size of the first wave was hidden.

Venture out at your own risk and take responsibility for your own safety.

• Like 2