Best Flu medicine - Tiffy or...?

BobBKK

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Antihistamine doesn't directly help

It does if you've a runny nose

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Johnny Walker, honey, lemon & hot water.

Prefer vodka, honey, lemon & hot water

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Stocky said:

It does if you've a runny nose

Antihistamines will help a runny does only if it is at least in part caused by allergy. The main thing that helps a runny nose not related to allergy is deocngestant.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, tweedledee2 said:

Both Decolgen - red and white box and Tiffy - green and white box have the same formula of generic Tylenol, an antihistamine and decongestant. Both can provide relief from cold and flu-like symptoms.

Ah I think that was the one, Decolgen, that people were raving about on here a few years ago. Sounds like they have take out the most useful ingredient though.

You will get about 680 answers according to where people are borned.. But if you wanted only the thai tablets.. You have some answers already.. 

Note this.. Some of the fever or pain  helpers goes and uses and disposes waste into the liver... This goes for paracetamol for example. probably everything p....   IBUX preparates on the other hand only uses the kidneys to dispose of waste... 

Think about this first and formemost.. There are probably 10 in each group or more. Investigate..

On 11/12/2020 at 9:30 AM, mtls2005 said:

Haven't had the flu here since Sep 2018, I do get an annual flu shot here.

Over the years I have had success with Apracur

349.970.jpg

Should it not say For relieving fever & headaches, symptoms associated with colds.

47 minutes ago, Retfed50 said:

My preference is Jack Daniels Honey. Very smooth and you can actually get it in Thailand!

I think Mr Beam does a similar medicine, or Drambuie would do the trick just as well. LOL

On 11/12/2020 at 1:50 AM, BobBKK said:

Hello, years ago there was a great topic about which medicine here was best for Flu.

Tiffy was one but everyone agreed there was a better one but I cannot remember the name. Any suggestions?

Tiffy and the identical other one don't cure Flu, but reduce symptoms of running nose, and headache and pain (paracetamol).

Also taking a high dose vitamin C might help, but not more than 3-4 grams over a 24-hour period – the acid might disturb the stomach – vitamin C is harmless if getting too much, but might be needed to boost your own immune system.

Paracetamol and Ibuprofen every 4 hours....plenty to drink (water) and bed rest.

Bed rest is important as the immune system needs to ignore one of its main jobs...the continual repair of micro-damage to the muscles....so it can focus on the virus and its toxins.

To be honest everything else is waffle......

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I swear by flu vaccinations, don't think I have had a flu since starting them about 30 years ago.

Never had a flu vaccination in my 61 year old life, never had the flu either, and I spent my life in a European country that has more rain than sunshine days

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

Never had a flu vaccination in my 61 year old life, never had the flu either, and I spent my life in a European country that has more rain than sunshine days

I've had the flu once, prior to vaccinations. Laid up for two weeks, I would not wish it on anybody.

12 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Paracetamol and Ibuprofen every 4 hours....plenty to drink (water) and bed rest.

Bed rest is important as the immune system needs to ignore one of its main jobs...the continual repair of micro-damage to the muscles....so it can focus on the virus and its toxins.

To be honest everything else is waffle......

My mother told me that if I had a cold, para, plenty to drink and seven days in bed and it would be gone. If however, you carry on with life, take para, plennty to drink, in seven days it would be gone.

Bed rest for a cold????

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

My mother told me that if I had a cold, para, plenty to drink and seven days in bed and it would be gone. If however, you carry on with life, take para, plennty to drink, in seven days it would be gone.

Bed rest for a cold????

I wouldn't have thought so....unless you get the man-flu version of a cold....which woman just cannot comprehend.

• Haha 1

I have no idea how I got this (usual mucus, coughing and sneezing) as I'm a mask wearer outside and live alone. To be fair Tiffy did help me get some sleep and that sleep helped most.

Couple glasses brandy also is a nice accompaniment. Thanks for all the input.