Best Flu medicine - Tiffy or...?

BobBKK

31 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I have no idea how I got this (usual mucus, coughing and sneezing) as I'm a mask wearer outside and live alone. To be fair Tiffy did help me get some sleep and that sleep helped most.

Couple glasses brandy also is a nice accompaniment. Thanks for all the input.

The wearing of a mask is not to stop YOU getting any virus, it is to stop you giving it to others, be it a cold, flu or Covid.

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I have no idea how I got this (usual mucus, coughing and sneezing) as I'm a mask wearer outside and live alone. To be fair Tiffy did help me get some sleep and that sleep helped most.

Couple glasses brandy also is a nice accompaniment. Thanks for all the input.

respiratory viruses can live on surfaces like door knobs, elevator buttons, shopping carts etc. You likely touched something that had it.

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

The wearing of a mask is not to stop YOU getting any virus, it is to stop you giving it to others, be it a cold, flu or Covid.

It will also help to keep you from getting via air transmission - as is reported below.

image.png.d2c480f6ed0c374147ac96b53877decd.pnghttps://katu.com/news/coronavirus/cdc-wearing-a-mask-could-keep-you-from-catching-virus

8 hours ago, elgenon said:

I remember something about medicine in a brown bottle. Or brown box.

You may be thinking of " Brown Mixture " sold at 7/11. Green and orange box, brown liquid. Contains tincture of opium. Quite effective at soothing a sore throat.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Susco said:

Never had a flu vaccination in my 61 year old life, never had the flu either, and I spent my life in a European country that has more rain than sunshine days

A sample size of one is hardly probative.

The human immune system is incredibly variable. Some individuals will by a lucky chance, have an innate immunity that will totally protect them against a specific disease, while others don't.

Even the most deadly strain of Ebola doesn't kill 100% of the people it infects. However you can't use that fact to argue that it isn't really all that dangerous.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You may be thinking of " Brown Mixture " sold at 7/11. Green and orange box, brown liquid. Contains tincture of opium. Quite effective at soothing a sore throat.

I don't know about soothing a throat (other than putting you to sleep so you don't notice it) but it is definitely effective at suppressing cough.

Useful at night if coughing is keeping you awake. Better not to take in the daytime as it is best not to suppress the cough reflex  (important to get the phlegm up).

23 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

A sample size of one is hardly probative.

The human immune system is incredibly variable. Some individuals will by a lucky chance, have an innate immunity that will totally protect them against a specific disease, while others don't.

Even the most deadly strain of Ebola doesn't kill 100% of the people it infects. However you can't use that fact to argue that it isn't really all that dangerous.

That makes two of us, I was was born in the north of England 1949, can never remember having a cold or flu, but my father used to have right stinkers of a cold/flu

No way am I going to have a flu/covid 19 vaccination