Just need in insurance to get COE

I found a thread about this but found it confusing. I just want to purchase a policy that expressly covers the COE COVID requirements and that's it. I want to buy it, get the letter and apply for my visa. I don't care about the actual coverage since I already had COVID and recovered. 

I have just been granted a CoE for travel from Sydney to Bangkok.

So looking forward to 15 days ASQ in Bangkok from Monday...

The Thai Consulate website in your country should give you insurance options real time.

I chose thb14500 for 12 months covid insurance, everything went through perfectly. 

Just do it.

55 minutes ago, superatoz said:

ubjoe , it shows then we need the insurance for whole stay , so if i need to stay 12 mths i need to buy 12 mths > ?  i thought only 3 mths is required? 

The insurance is only required for the lengths of stay you will get when entering the country.

For example if you entered with a non immigrant visa it will allow a 90 day stay in the country.

• Like 1

I've been doing some research on this lately. Talk to the insurers before you apply because the approval times can vary considerably from plan to plan and company to company. If you actually intend to count on the insurance, as opposed to just meeting the requirement, google the name of the insurance company with "denied claim", "ripoff", "scam", etc. at the end, and read the reviews. No insurance is perfect, but some are less reliable than others.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The insurance is only required for the lengths of stay you will get when entering the country.

For example if you entered with a non immigrant visa it will allow a 90 day stay in the country.

thanks lots , so if im entering on non imm o visa , i will just buy 90 days they will allow me to enter thailand ...

sorry just paranoid and u  know how things are with the thai immigration ...

Edited by superatoz

42 minutes ago, superatoz said:

thanks lots , so if im entering on non imm o visa , i will just buy 90 days they will allow me to enter thailand ...

That is correct.

42 minutes ago, superatoz said:

sorry just paranoid and u  know how things are with the thai immigration ...

Immigration does not have anything to do with applying for a certificate of entry at a embassy.

If you have COE that is what they are mostly interested in and will not make a problem about insurance.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:49 PM, Whale said:

You can catch is repeatedly you know? 

Not really. There’s been one documented case in the US out of 10 million. Besides, if thats true then the vaccines aren’t going to be effective.

On 11/13/2020 at 12:54 PM, ubonjoe said:

That is correct.

Immigration does not have anything to do with applying for a certificate of entry at a embassy.

If you have COE that is what they are mostly interested in and will not make a problem about insurance.

noted with thanks ????