Visa Interview Scheduled For Wife

My wife has a scheduled interview at the U.S. embassy on 15 June and we were notified by email that they are sending her the interview preperation packet. I know that she can hand them all the documentation (I-129 and the Affidavate of Support papers [including all supporting documentation]). They notified me that I do not have to be present just to make sure that she has all the paperwork with notorized stamps, ect. Is there a second interview after this one or will she be notified within a few days if she gets her visa? I have been told there is a second interview where she will get her visa by one "informed" person and that she could get it as soon as the next day by another "informed" person. It seems like a lot of paperwork they have to go through to give her greenlight on a visa within a day or two of the interview. Any thoughts out there in Farangland?

My wife has a scheduled interview at the U.S. embassy on 15 June and we were notified by email that they are sending her the interview preperation packet. I know that she can hand them all the documentation (I-129 and the Affidavate of Support papers [including all supporting documentation]). They notified me that I do not have to be present just to make sure that she has all the paperwork with notorized stamps, ect. Is there a second interview after this one or will she be notified within a few days if she gets her visa? I have been told there is a second interview where she will get her visa by one "informed" person and that she could get it as soon as the next day by another "informed" person. It seems like a lot of paperwork they have to go through to give her greenlight on a visa within a day or two of the interview. Any thoughts out there in Farangland?

If she passes muster she'll be told to report back to the embassy the folllowing day after 2-3 PM to pick up her passport with the new visa glued inside. :o The consular officer will give her a pass to present at the guard station which allows her to enter the consular section the following day. Good luck!!

If she passes muster she'll be told to report back to the embassy the folllowing day after 2-3 PM to pick up her passport with the new visa glued inside. :o The consular officer will give her a pass to present at the guard station which allows her to enter the consular section the following day. Good luck!!

I want to thank you for your information. If it is alright I have sent you a notice and asked you a follow-up question. I keep getting different answers but your info backs up what a few others have said. Is it really possible for the embassy to go through all the paperwork (affidavate of support papers, supporting document, ect) and issue a passport/visa the next day? If is is true then I might stick around and have her fly back with me as it will save us money and save her some headache.

What has been posted is correct; you wife (or fiance) will be able to collect the visa the day after successfully passing the interview.

You might want to consider delaying booking any flight out of Thailand until your partner has the visa. In fact I would recommend that you also accompany your partner to the interview just to make sure all the "ducks" are in order. Additionally if you are present at the embassy and for whatever reason there is a problem, the embassy staff can tell you what the problem is and what remedies are available to you.

Anyhow good luck and continue posting here on TV if you have any further questions.

What has been posted is correct; you wife (or fiance) will be able to collect the visa the day after successfully passing the interview.

You might want to consider delaying booking any flight out of Thailand until your partner has the visa. In fact I would recommend that you also accompany your partner to the interview just to make sure all the "ducks" are in order. Additionally if you are present at the embassy and for whatever reason there is a problem, the embassy staff can tell you what the problem is and what remedies are available to you.

Anyhow good luck and continue posting here on TV if you have any further questions.

Thanks for the furthering of my knowledge...just a little spooky that it can move so quickly after all the horror stories I have heard. I think that I will stay here and wait out the interview (it will save us some money paying for one flight instead of two). Again, thank you. Also, DogBert rules.