Live in a hotel!

orientfan

Over many years and many places in Thailand I have seen widely advertised Rates that are E.G. B1000 per night for B10,000 per month. In these days of little hotel business re Covid, more hotels and resorts are offering really good deals on monthly stays. Of course, living is different from a months "holiday" (a package) and would require something of a contract for say a year and I would think a suite that had basic living accommodation would be suitable for some people!

Last week, I was in Krabi. I stayed in 4 different resorts, each having less than 5% occupancy from 50 up to 135 rooms and suites. I have no personal need to pursue anything like this but I would imagine that if offered a deal for just one of those rooms for a year in the current climate, they would think it worth it!

There doesn't need to be great demand, they have hardly any at the moment and some business is better than nothing.

Edited by ChrisKC
additional comment

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

Over many years and many places in Thailand I have seen widely advertised Rates that are E.G. B1000 per night for B10,000 per month. In these days of little hotel business re Covid, more hotels and resorts are offering really good deals on monthly stays. Of course, living is different from a months "holiday" (a package) and would require something of a contract for say a year and I would think a suite that had basic living accommodation would be suitable for some people!

Last week, I was in Krabi. I stayed in 4 different resorts, each having less than 5% occupancy from 50 up to 135 rooms and suites. I have no personal need to pursue anything like this but I would imagine that if offered a deal for just one of those rooms for a year in the current climate, they would think it worth it!

There doesn't need to be great demand, they have hardly any at the moment and some business is better than nothing.

The problem with paying for a year in this current climate is that you have no guarantee that the place will stay in business. With no sign of any improvement they could close with little or no notice.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 5:27 PM, orientfan said:

Hi Everyone,

As an alternative to renting a condo/apartment, some Bangkok hotels, including U Sathorn, are offering very attractive monthly packages.

Does anyone know of other hotels offering a promotional monthly rate?

Thanks a lot for any useful info.

How much is the monthly package at U Sathorn?

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The problem with paying for a year in this current climate is that you have no guarantee that the place will stay in business. With no sign of any improvement they could close with little or no notice.

It's true, nothing is guaranteed.  Some things are possible that will work out, others not! I actually booked a resort on Phi Phi for last week. After two days ( of the booking) they called me and cancelled it citing Covid. I then booked elsewhere on Koh Lanta

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

How much is the monthly package at U Sathorn?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

It's true, nothing is guaranteed.  Some things are possible that will work out, others not! I actually booked a resort on Phi Phi for last week. After two days ( of the booking) they called me and cancelled it citing Covid. I then booked elsewhere on Koh Lanta

Kidding as usual.... will we even be alive next week in order to see our booking happening??????

17 minutes ago, moontang said:

I noticed about a month ago, agoda announced it was offering monthly rates.  I have been meaning to check it out but have not.  It may now be part of the search criteria.

You know, I think it may be an option for those needing a long holiday - away from from the normal routine - relax a while - wait for the whole matters of Covid and Tourists and Government to blow over!. If I was single, I would definitely consider some long term solace around a deserted beach. i can take care of myself!

26 minutes ago, moontang said:

I noticed about a month ago, agoda announced it was offering monthly rates.  I have been meaning to check it out but have not.  It may now be part of the search criteria.

Maybe they did this in response to the law ,that besides hotels, properties cannot be rented for less than a month ??????? 

I just checked..on Agota..it is different from the airbnb style illegal rentals in condos..it is more of a tool to find out which proper hotels have vacancies for an entire month.  I checked AB Hotel..price was the same, 384++, per day, so 13500 for a nice studio with balcony..but not good for cooking.  Village Market a short walk, and a shorter walk to a very solid beach.  Daily maid service is worth 100 per day.. easily..towels, sand all over the place..bedding...compare to maybe finding a room across the RR tracks for 5-6000 possible, but paying a deposit, marked up electric..and the only cleaning will be at your expense, when you leave.

Screenshot_20201118-180812.png

On 11/17/2020 at 9:02 PM, jomtienisgood said:

Is Nana hotel open again???

I haven't checked. Were they closed? I've been meaning to email the front desk lady who is one of the people there I consider a friend.

I have her personal email.  But don't want to bother her since I don't know when I will return to the Nana.

You would be amazed at the amount of people who do live in hotels, for a long time I worked on refurbishing 4/5 star hotels mostly in London but also the middle east, One I remember mostly was one hotel facing Lords cricket ground the was a few famous names stay in there, we also built the pub next door great job that was.

There was a certain world champion boxer staying in there he had a couple of suite's for him and his mates the hotel kicked him out eventually.

When I first came to BKK I stayed in the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit soi 2 a few guys lived in there one English guy I met had been there 2 years he had a 1 bedroom suite, at this moment I think you could do a deal speak to the manager 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

I haven't checked. Were they closed? I've been meaning to email the front desk lady who is one of the people there I consider a friend.

I have her personal email.  But don't want to bother her since I don't know when I will return to the Nana.

They have been closed during curfew and confinement; Haven't been there since....