Totally Free VPNs ??

1948wjm

There are numerous FREE VPNs mentioned in google however they only offer FREE trials and not totally free access, I have found a couple like "Fast VPN" and others but some are slow and also do not have access to an Australian server. Are there any members out there that may be able to offer any suitable ones ???

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Theres a free service built in to Opera browser.

But does it have a UK server? I seem to remember when I tried it last year, that it doesn't. Express for $6 a month works PERFECTLY.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

I use HOXX.....can take a look at it for more info--lets u pick your country of choice...free and paid versions

Most VPNs let you choose which country. Why use it otherwise, you cannot get BBC from USA server !

28 minutes ago, johng said:

No its not      using one to access things  deemed "illegal"  in Thailand is illegal but the VPN it's self is not illegal.

I thought they were because years ago they blocked a load of free vpn's and vpn's would make the firewall project redundant. 

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

But does it have a UK server? I seem to remember when I tried it last year, that it doesn't. Express for $6 a month works PERFECTLY.

The OP asked for FREE, thats what I stated, of course there are paid versions for almost all needs.

I use Cactus, perfect for everything but its not free, I pay $18 a quarter, as I do t like to be tied by annual fees.

Linux has a free VPN already included when you install the OS ... and 40000 + free programs to download , and you do not need an antivirus ...

Linux is the best OS , however few windows users like to install it , I did it 10 yrs ago and never went back to windows .

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Linux has a free VPN already included when you install the OS

Which Linux is that and which VPN is it? I use Linux Mint, and I can't find any installed VPN (except the one I installed myself).

2 hours ago, uncleP said:

Many free VPN's are blocked in Thailand as using one is illegal.

Using a VPN is illegal? 

I doubt it. Regardless, I've used mine for the last four years and evaded capture. I'll carry on as I have. 

I suppose enforcement must be difficult since the IP address does not lead to a user, as is the primary advantage of them. ????

Maybe the free ones are honeypots for thai police? 55555

Edited by RocketDog

39 minutes ago, farang51 said:

Which Linux is that and which VPN is it? I use Linux Mint, and I can't find any installed VPN (except the one I installed myself).

Just go to the ' software manager ' and search for VPN , you will see that the VPN offered for install is already installed in the OS , at least if you use Linux 20 or 19 . If ever , it is not installed in your OS , just download it for free ...

I recently upgraded to Linux 20 , and found that the VPN was already installed .

BtW , I like LNX 19 0r 18 better than 20 , it has a little less options to modify ...

Edited by nobodysfriend

3 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Just go to the ' software manager ' and search for VPN , you will see that the VPN offered for install is already installed in the OS

Do you mean OpenVPN? Having the software necessary for a VPN connection is not the same as having the connection. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Linux has a free VPN already included when you install the OS ... and 40000 + free programs to download , and you do not need an antivirus ...

Linux is the best OS , however few windows users like to install it , I did it 10 yrs ago and never went back to windows .

You can install say Express VPN on Linux as well.

7 hours ago, 1948wjm said:

There are numerous FREE VPNs mentioned in google however they only offer FREE trials and not totally free access, I have found a couple like "Fast VPN" and others but some are slow and also do not have access to an Australian server. Are there any members out there that may be able to offer any suitable ones ???

I'm using Thunder VPN. Free but with a few ads. Lots of countries to choose from. I point to USA west coast and speed if fine.

Tried many free VPN's. Some very restricted by server connections. Others limited to 100 MB data per day. OK for unblocking the odd website if you're quick! For what it's worth, in the last few weeks I subscribed to ZenMate for £1.60 GBP per month but it couldn't unblock BBCiPlayer. Cancelled within 30 days and received refund the next day. Now use SurfShark at £1.91 GBP per month which works perfectly.