Totally Free VPNs ??

1948wjm

The expensive ExpressVPN boasts that it covers the world.  But, for months has been unable to access BBC iplayer.and also now all of the UK TV streaming channels.  Maybe ExpressVPN believe the UK is not part of the world.

Edited by Toany

5 minutes ago, Toany said:

The expensive ExpressVPN boasts that it covers the world.  But, for months has been unable to access BBC iplayer.and also now all of the UK TV streaming channels.  Maybe ExpressVPN believe the UK is not part of the world.

I'm 100% sure that Express VPN has UK servers that work perfectly, only the streaming sites that will not work, because they have upped their game on how to detect that you are trying to circumpass their rules to watch their content

• Like 1

I'm 100% sure that Express VPN is unable to access BBC Iplayer and other TV channelsusing a Windows compute.  I have the replies from their support desk apologizing for the continued lack of access.  They keep giving my extra months for free and tell me they are working on it.  I have had to use another VPN, UKEpatVPN to get access

Supports reply to me

I can completely understand why you are disappointed with your recent experience.

We're always striving to improve our product and service and we would love to help resolve the issue. We can extend your subscription to 10/17/21 so it will remain active while we’re trying to fix the issue.

Edited by Toany
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, farang51 said:

Which Linux is that and which VPN is it? I use Linux Mint, and I can't find any installed VPN (except the one I installed myself).

Im using MX with debian base/Linux....didnt know of any VPN either....hence I had HOXX installed as well

Had a good run with Mint as well...

6 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Im using MX with debian base/Linux....didnt know of any VPN either....hence I had HOXX installed as well

Had a good run with Mint as well...

Open vpn is there but you need to install a client. Used to be something like nordvpn c uk 456 from terminal. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Toany said:

I tried a few free VPNs but to no avail, then went on to Express VPN (paid version) and had quite a few problems accessing BBC iPlayer, so I got a rebate on it.

I also tried CyberGhost and although I still have it on one computer, I gave it up on the main one because it was unreliable with the likes of iPlayer.

For a while now I have been using SmartDNS and that's great for me, because if I do have a problem (rare) with programs like iPlayer cottoning on to the fact that I'm using a VPN, all I have to do is sign out and sign in again and all is well.

Have been watching quite a bit of BBC iPlayer lately because apparently SmartDNS does not affect the download speed, and I get a good evening's viewing – – and it's not expensive from what I can remember.

Edited by xylophone