Biden says UK border with Ireland must be open

webfact

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I support remain, I have nothing but admiration and gratitude for the sacrifices and service of the millions of people who, in WWII, fought to defeat fascism.

I have nothing but contempt for those claim credit for the sacrifice those people made.

I have never seen a ‘remainer’ claim credit for those sacrifices, I frequently see ’Brexiteers’ do so and when I do I always challenge their claims.

How can anyone" claim credit " for events they weren,t party to?the fact " they" are merely reminding you of  the actions of dying for freedom that remainers want to give away seems to anger remainers as they are unable to address them so they resort to cheap insults.and as for your last point how can a remainer " claim credit for these sacrifices? "Whenthey want to live in servitude?.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, polpott said:

If you don't know what "stolen valour" means, you clearly have never served. Nothing annoys true servicemen more.

Stolen valour is an American expression, the British use the terminology 'Walt' from Walter Mitty.

• Like 2

I don't know if anyone has seen the show called the Man in the High Tower. It's a series about what would have happened if the Nazis won and had conquered the UK. I hear that they're thinking of doing an even more disturbing series about what would have happened if the UK had voted against Brexit. Oh the horror!!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

These Brexit threads are littered with Brexiters likening resistance to Brexit to resistance to the Nazis. Such nonsense.

As for the British Empire, I thought I remembered places like Kenya and Rhodesia being in the news in the 2nd half of the 20th century. I guess I was mistaken. And didn't Britain pull out of India shortly after WW2, much to Churchill's chagrin? Or did all that happen 300 years ago?

It was suggested that the UK would begin trying to build an Empire , it was pointed out that that kind of mentality is a 300 year old mentality and theres absolutely no chance of it happening again 

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

Utter horse manure. 

Perhaps you should research the origins of the precursor to the EU that was started precisely to try and ensure such a European conflict never took place again.

PH

What the marshall plan?albeit started under the ruse of "the common market" which morphed into the eu?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, kingdong said:

How can anyone" claim credit " for events they weren,t party to?the fact " they" are merely reminding you of  the actions of dying for freedom that remainers want to give away seems to anger remainers as they are unable to address them so they resort to cheap insults.and as for your last point how can a remainer " claim credit for these sacrifices? "Whenthey want to live in servitude?.

Your whole argument is predicated on the false claim that, as a member of the EU the UK is in some form of servitude.

While back on topic the President Elect of the US is telling the UK what border arrangements are acceptable between the UK and Ireland.

That’s a very strange form of ‘freedom’ and ‘sovereignty’.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your whole argument is predicated on the false claim that, as a member of the EU the UK is in some form of servitude.

While back on topic the President Elect of the US is telling the UK what border arrangements are acceptable between the UK and Ireland.

That’s a very strange form of ‘freedom’ and ‘sovereignty’.

Soapy joe can ask all he likes this is a matter between eire and uk,think you,ll find joe will have his hands full with civil unrest,perhaps while hes on the phone the uk should tell him to pull finger on his usa - mexico fence.anyway see the natives are a bit restless in paris,looks like 2021 will be interesting.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Soapy joe can ask all he likes this is a matter between eire and uk,think you,ll find joe will have his hands full with civil unrest,perhaps while hes on the phone the uk should tell him to pull finger on his usa - mexico fence.anyway see the natives are a bit restless in paris,looks like 2021 will be interesting.

Doesn’t change the fact that the UK needs a trade deal with the US and will do as President Elect Biden requires.

2021 will indeed be an interesting year, the caravan rightwing nationalists have lost their poster boy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Doesn’t change the fact that the UK needs a trade deal with the US and will do as President Elect Biden requires.

2021 will indeed be an interesting year, the caravan rightwing nationalists have lost their poster boy.

Perhaps we,d be better off looking to Australia now the Chinese are playing up,as for soapy joe what ever will be will be,quite frankly with all thats going on globally brexit will be right at the bottom of the pile of problems.

57 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Perhaps we,d be better off looking to Australia now the Chinese are playing up,as for soapy joe what ever will be will be,quite frankly with all thats going on globally brexit will be right at the bottom of the pile of problems.

I'm sure Australia will be delighted to provide all the coal to the UK that China no longer requires.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Brexit decay in stages:

Easy deal with the EU which becomes, we don’t need a deal with the EU, we’ll get a favorable deal with America which now becomes, perhaps we’ll get a deal with Australia.

• Like 1