MG good or bad

offset

There's MG thread just recently on a truck which has good reviews.

If your talking cars I see lot around where live.

One Thai guy  I spoke to had a Union Jack on the roof which he pointed out, I said I would want the St Georges English flag ????  but he was happy with the car, it was a small car can't remember the name. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, condobrit001 said:

I had a 1969 MGB roadster, and was excellent in every way, and also a good investment.

Good taste.

but a Chinese MG , would not jump on it personally.

having said that, when the first funny looking Japanese car showed up in Europe, Toyota it was I think, people went out to look at it and almost all thought what a piece of junk.
However, now they have some of the lowest breakdown rates, and left many European car brands biting the dust.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The MG 3 seem to have all the power you would want. The automatic gearbox also seem to work fine.

But I could imagine the 1,5 engine being too small for the MG 5. 

Biggish problem I find, is that the car do not understand English when you speak to it. Only Thai.

The GPS speak English OK.

Edited by Jorgendk

Yema SQ6450 – a Chinese Maestro van by any other name

some 'more mature' brits may recognise this. this is what the chinese created from the tooling imported from the west midlands. part 'maestro. part 'montego'. i drove a diesel version of the maestro van for a decade. the x-zyte nightclub was quieter. i would think now the only remaining 'MG' part of the brand is the badge.

6 hours ago, Jorgendk said:

own and MG 3. Smart car. Have had it 1 year from new.

Very satisfied with it. A few smaller things could be better, but you can't have everything,

Handy small car. Goes well, good GPS, and auto pilot, etc. Very good service.

The MG 5 is bigger, but as it has the same engine, it must be more sluggish.

Same here. MG3 for four years. No complaints at all. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Looks like a good car for running around town in or for the wife to drive because of size . Only thing I seen about it negative really was the lack of power in some , but if you are only doing short drives or around town why does that matter . 

Because it’s Chinese they created a virus and should be boycotted , Correct , also debt traps , bullying and SCS Island Building, Seizing infrastructure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jastheace said:

Yema SQ6450 – a Chinese Maestro van by any other name

some 'more mature' brits may recognise this. this is what the chinese created from the tooling imported from the west midlands. part 'maestro. part 'montego'. i drove a diesel version of the maestro van for a decade. the x-zyte nightclub was quieter. i would think now the only remaining 'MG' part of the brand is the badge.

Not far of the old ford Everest shape from around 2012 ????

10 hours ago, condobrit001 said:

I had a 1969 MGB roadster, and was excellent in every way, and also a good investment.

China just paid for the badge. Don't expect to get a classic car like the MGB. Having said that the MGB was old technology and the Chinese version will have nothing in common with the old MG apart from the badge.

• Like 2