Married With Thai Wife But Leaving Separate

Hello,

I’m married with my Thai wife for 8 years, but we are leaving separately for 1 year.

She leaves in BKK and I in Chiang Mai. We do not have children and still good friends.

I have a Non O visa that was made last year in Europe for 12 mounth . My visa will expire next month. Could somebody tell me what I have to do in my case for a new “O” visa. I have a Thai bank acc. and the 400’000.- THB.

Thank you very much

If:

1) You have formal Thai marriage registration documents

and

2) You can document that 400,000 baht came from outside Thailand, or from legal employment in Thailand

and

3) You can come to Bangkok

and

4) Your supportive wife can accompany you once to Bangkok Immigration, and contribute copies of her ID card and tambien bahn

Then you can apply for an extended entry permit, based on supporting a Thai spouse.

Your passport will have to appear at Immigration, 40 days after your application is submitted.

If all of the above criteria apply, my company can help you with the process - please contact me via e-mail for details.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Fine Indo-Siam but what does he do about the "visit",

when immigration come to check they are living together.

They also need someone to sign a statenent for Immigration to say that they are living together.

Not as easy as it sounds.

(Awaiting my check up visit at the moment!!)

Edited by astral

I’m married with my Thai wife for 8 years, but we are leaving separately for 1 year.

She leaves in BKK and I in Chiang Mai.

Believe this to be borderline at best and probably would have to involve outright fraud as both support and relationship are requirements for this extension AFAIK.

Thank you all for your reply

Believe this to be borderline at best and probably would have to involve outright fraud as both support and relationship are requirements for this extension AFAIK.

But George I do not understand your mail, and what mean AFAIK?????

Maybe it’s because my mother language is French.

I leaved 5 years with my wife in Europe… It vase a real marriage, but life…

Dear Steve,

If all of the above criteria apply, my company can help you with the process - please contact me via e-mail for details.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply.

All criteria apply, but how much your company will charge me for your help with the process, and could you guaranty me that it’ll work 100%.

AFAIK = As far as I know :o

I believe that it would be nearly impossible for a new arrival into Thailand to get an initial Class O entry permit extended based on a "split" household relationship - i.e., no substantial "togetherness" has ever existed, and applicant has no other "roots" in Thailand.

If a Thai-farang couple have been together in Thailand for many years, and now live apart - particularly if employment vs aging parents (for example) is involved in the split - and there is evidence that the farang is actually supporting the Thai spouse - and if happy, contented wife appears with farang at Immigration for the interview, I do not see a likely problem. They will probbaly accept the situation. You will need to file that you are living at two seprate addresses most of the time.

Now - if one or both parties are living with other "partners" - and there is no evidence of any actual support of Thai spouse by the "estranged" husband, and there are no employment or family reasons to justify the split arrangement, then you are probably out of luck.

I have never heard of any "Class O" families being actually inspected by an Immigration inspector after about the second annual renewal. They certainly do not go check on the relationship during the 8th, 15th, and 25th consecutive renewals. There is a point where they give you the benefit of the doubt.

Now - looking back at the original post, I see that I may have misinterpretted the situation - I read this as an eigth consecutive renewal of an extended entry permit in Thailand. If this is an initial application for an extended entry permit - and you are trying to base it on an 8-year old "notional" marriage that has never previously been used as grounds for an extension, and none of your funds are being used to actually suport her - then the other posters are right - you are out of luck. Within SE Asia, the best you can get is a single-entry 90 day visa. And - basically - Thailand wants you to leave.

So - what is the case - is this the eighth in a series of extensions? Or is this a first attempt to get legal long-term, based on a "marriage in name only"?

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam